Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Order 66, Why are the jedi so weak against this attack?
Unleashed.... Th...
post Feb 10 2010, 08:26 AM
Post #1

New Poster
Group Icon

Group: Padawan
Member No.: 35,737

Its a shame that so many jedi's lives are lost in ep:3, even the padawans were slautered. This made me hate anakin for being so easily manipulated-but then again he did grow into the all powerful and cool looking Darth Vader.

My problem is that the jedi are like droids when they versed the clones-they were USELESS! Sure yoda and obiwan were cool but i was disappointed to be frank (no my name is not frank). I mean they're JEDI the heroes of the galaxy and all that, but most, not all but most hardly even put up a fight. Ok, so the clone troopers krept up on them, but come on they could surely have sensed that something was wrong long before they were killed. Very disappointing.

--------------------
Elan Sleazebaggano:You wanna buy some death sticks?
Obi-Wan: [using the Jedi mind trick] You don't want to sell me death sticks.
Elan Sleazebaggano: I don't want to sell you death sticks.
Obi-Wan: You want to go home and rethink your life.
Elan Sleazebaggano: I want to go home and rethink my life.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
master_palin
post Feb 10 2010, 04:24 PM
Post #2

Bronze Poster
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 66

Yea about the only thing that makes the scenes from order 66 work is that it is not total un realistic that Jedi could be caught off guard like that. It seems from the few scenes shown they where to shocked to react fast enough.

Now a few did survive over the next 15 years or so Vader hunted many down. But yea it felt more like writing to fit what was needed. When under any other circumstance the same Jedi would have been written where they take out the whole squad and come out as shinning examples of heroics..
But several of the scenes where very real.. In most cases the Jedi where attacked from behind by their own troops while in combat. They never saw it coming. The few that survived where in situations like Yoda .. Not in the heat of combat and the troopers tried to ambush the jedi. It gave the Jedi time to sense something wrong and react.

--------------------
Pain Heals
Chicks dig Scars
Glory last forever

+Quote Post
Zideric
post Feb 12 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #3

Junior Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,698

Just imagine being surrounded by both droids and stormtroopers, like in the scÚne in which Ki-adi-mundi is killed. If hundreds of lasershots come from all around you at the same time, even a jedi can't block all of them.

It does look pretty unrealistic in AOTC where all of the jedi get killed in a few minutes. I understand one jedi can't stand long against a big army, but in AOTC there were dozens of jedi. Even though most of them were padawans. Then again, Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan run away for 2 droidekas in TPM...

--------------------
No mercy for the weak, no pity for the dying, no tears for the slain!

+Quote Post
Darth Bane
post Jan 21 2014, 10:00 PM
Post #4

Junior Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,333

I believe the Jedi were supposed to be a bit weaker by that time. As Yoda said in AOTC, "Blind we are, if formation of the army, we could not see." The dark side was in ascendancy, getting stronger. Yeah, Kai-Adi-Mundi should have lasted a bit longer. However on Felucia, the clone troops with Ayala Secura already had their blasters out. They were on patrol, and when the call came in, they just started shooting. She didn't even have time to turn around!

As to the arena scene in 'Clones', I don't think that battle was over in a couple of minutes. They didn't want to stretch the movie an extra 2 hours or so, but I think the battle was supposed to be going on for a long time. We do see peaks and valleys in the fight and we move from one Jedi to another. Mace Windu, to Sarrissa Jeng, to Kit Fisto, to Obi-wan. And they were badly outnumbered by battle droids. And droid dekas, which have force fields. And blaster cannons...

+Quote Post
Master
post Jan 22 2014, 07:28 AM
Post #5

Frozen in Carbonite on Slave 1
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 1,532

The Jedi were mentally and physically exhausted. They Jedi were many, but they were spread across the galaxy. When Order 66 happened they were shocked and outnumbered, so it was no surprise to me that they were so easily defeated.

--------------------
THE FOLLOW-UP FORUM to BH:
blue-harvest.co.uk

Married to anya_skywalker

"It is known that there are infinite number of worlds, simply because there is infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so average population of all planets in Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that population of whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of deranged imagination."
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Master was here (12.10.16)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 12:42 PM