Doze
post Aug 23 2010, 04:03 AM
Post #1

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 1,701

The Jedi Path

The Official Star Wars Site has provided a look at The Jedi Path, an artifact thought lost with the rise of the Empire, but recently discovered and now made available to all scholars of the Jedi way. This fully illustrated book comes complete with a mechanical vault, and includes numerous removable artifacts from the Jedi Order.

With the push of a button, the doors of the vault open in a wash of light and Star Wars sound effects. The inner platform rises, revealing this exclusive edition of The Jedi Path.

This ancient training manual, crafted by early Jedi Masters, has educated and enlightened generations of Jedi. It explains the history and hierarchy of the Jedi Order, and what Jedi must know to take their place as defenders of the peace in the galaxy -- from mastery of the Force to the nuances of lightsaber combat.

Passed down from Master to Padawan, the pages of this venerable text have been annotated by those who have held it, studied it, and lived its secrets. From Yoda and Luke Skywalker to Count Dooku and Darth Sidious, they have shaped the content of the book by leaving mementos tucked within the pages, tearing out pages, and adding their personal experiences as tangible reminders of the lessons they've learned.

The ancient Masters who wrote the text: Fae Coven, Grand Master and head of the Jedi Council; Crix Sunburris, Jedi Ace starfighter pilot; Restelly Quist, Jedi Chief Librarian; Skarch Vaunk, Jedi Battlemaster and lightsaber expert; Bowspritz, Jedi Biologist and expert on the Living Force; Sabla-Mandibu, Jedi Seer and Holocron expert; Morrit Ch'gally, Jedi Recruiter; Gal-Stod Slagistrough, Jedi leader of the Agricultural Corps.
Jedi who added personal commentary: Yoda, Thame Cerulian, Count Dooku, Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano, Darth Sidious, and Luke Skywalker.
Removable features: A letter tracing the book's history, a severed Padawan braid, a metal Jedi Credit medallion, a Jedi starfighter patch, a burned poster of the Jedi Code, a map of the Jedi Temple, a lightsaber diagram sketched on the back of a napkin from Dex's Diner, and a note on the missing pages torn from the book by a Sith.
Created in collaboration with Lucasfilm -- along with an acclaimed Star Wars author Daniel Wallace and revered Star Wars illustrators Paul Allan Ballard, Jeff Carlisle, Tommy Lee Edwards, Ryan Hobson, Greg Knight, Chris Reiff, Derek Thompson, Chris Trevas, Terryl Whitlatch, Kieran Yanner, and the studios of Conceptopolis and Storm Lion -- this volume provides new insights into the history and lore of the Jedi Order while introducing never-before-seen ships, creatures, characters, and details about how one trains to become a Jedi.
The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force is a hardcover release scheduled for September 28, 2010 and produced by becker&mayer!

Video 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekaSRH2e5uQ...player_embedded
Video 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMTIg4CjEeo...player_embedded

--------------------
Doze Out...
This message was brought to you from:
(\__/) ./\__/\
(O.o) (>O.o<)
(> <) (_______)__/ Fat Kat and the Bunnie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Oct 6 2010, 01:03 AM
Post #2

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Member No.: 884

That book looked awesome and was supposed to be out a couple of days ago, but the bookstore I go to doesn't have it until Oct. 16th. I'm still planning to get it, but it's costly! It's $100.00 here for the US, so I'm not sure if it's higher for others.

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post
jedimasterskid
post Oct 8 2010, 08:24 PM
Post #3

Can't bribe me with money, can't shower me with shame.
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,317

Dam someone beat me to it! I got this today for my Birthday. It is fantastic. It really goes in depth about how you should become a Jedi. The side notes are interesting from the Jedi. There are pages ripped out about the prophecy The added Items are good. The difference between the old and new Jedi codes are compared with Luke points of view. I say get it at all costs. The case that it comes in is fantastic I'm 25 (God I'm old) and I'm having much fun with it than my 9 and 10 year old nephews. Get it now people! wink.gif

--------------------

Master who trained me- Firey
Wife- Firey(16/3/2008)

Greenangel is legend
For those who don't know....now you know~Zacky Vengence

Death to Twitter/Myspace/Facebook

Jedi-masters.co.uk RIP

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Oct 14 2010, 11:22 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

The way you described it, now I can't wait to get it skid! It comes out this Saturday, when I work-so I'll be getting it afterwards. 25 old? eyeball.gif Now I feel ancient, I'll be 28 next Thursday. sad.gif

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post
jedimasterskid
post Oct 15 2010, 02:41 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

It's okay I'm an old man trapped inside a young mans body so in reality Im 85 tounge.gif

--------------------

Wife- Firey(16/3/2008)

Greenangel is legend

Jedi-masters.co.uk RIP

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Oct 17 2010, 12:02 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Lol. You're as old as you feel right? Get this, so we go to B&N and nope, don't have it again!! It'll be out either the 19th or 20th....will it ever be out? confused.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
master_palin
post Oct 20 2010, 03:10 PM
Post #7

Bronze Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

*adds the book to the list* wow didnt even know about this.. thanks

And hush up you kids. I'm 34

--------------------
Pain Heals
Chicks dig Scars
Glory last forever

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Oct 22 2010, 11:56 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Lol. cool.gif Got the book--you have to get it m_p, it's really neat! It has little exerts (is that the right word I'm looking for?, hope so) from Luke, Anakin, Dooku, etc. and sometimes they're funny as they go back and forth. The only reason it's expensive is because the book comes in something, but that's the only hint I'm giving you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jedimasterskid
post Oct 22 2010, 12:13 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

How much fun did you have with the case Rebel_A96? tounge.gif

--------------------

Wife- Firey(16/3/2008)

Greenangel is legend

Jedi-masters.co.uk RIP

+Quote Post
master_palin
post Oct 22 2010, 03:58 PM
Post #10

Bronze Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

is teh case as plastic as it looks?
AND OH BOY my very own padawan braid LOL

Well If the local barns and nobel doesnt have it ill have to order it on amazon this weekend.

--------------------
Pain Heals
Chicks dig Scars
Glory last forever

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Oct 22 2010, 11:03 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

The case was fun to open. I kept telling myself not to open it too much and waste the battery, lol. How about you Skid?

m_p--it comes in a cardboard box (two of them-one inside of the other), but then after you open the second cardboard box, out comes.......coolness. winksmall.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jedimasterskid
post Oct 24 2010, 05:29 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Yeah My boxer dog goes absolutly crazy when the case open. He just baks at it when it opens and tries to ponce on it...Idiot tounge.gif

--------------------

Wife- Firey(16/3/2008)

Greenangel is legend

Jedi-masters.co.uk RIP

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 11:16 AM