> New News on SW7
*LeiaOrgana*
post Mar 23 2014, 06:03 PM
Post #21

May the 4th, be with you!
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Master (Mod)
Member No.: 952

I have been preemptively pessimistic about the new movie(s), seeing as the PT has crushed my belief in somebody in the movie industry still being in it for the "story" part of storytelling. I remain sceptical, but your link, Rebel, has actually gotten me a little bit excited.

I have not read any EU material from the Thrawn era, I'm mostly interested in the chronologically early material such as the X-Wing series with I think my latest being "I,Jedi", so I can't say much about that storyline. I'm reasonably interested in Jacen and Jaina, though, I think there's some good storytelling options there.

In the end I'm definitely gonna watch it and follow the news up to it's release. We'll have to wait and see.

Aah, if only Joss Whedon had gotten the job...

--------------------
Carol Hathaway: You're a med student?
Abby Lockhart: What can I say? I crossed over to the Dark Side.

a cool banner Liyina made for me | George Lucas in Love
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Leia_
post Mar 26 2014, 01:01 PM
Post #22

protector of the cats
Group Icon

Group: Ghost Jedi (Ex-Mod)
From: ...and when you asked for light, I set myself on fire
Member No.: 344

QUOTE (*LeiaOrgana* @ Mar 23 2014, 07:03 PM) *
I have not read any EU material from the Thrawn era

I recently re-read the books for I didn't want to be surprised by a forgotton twist by the movies. IF the movies decide touse any of Zahn's plot, that is.

Point is, I was utterly disappointed by the way the characters were potrayed, the clumsy dialogues, and by the author's style in writing as a whole. I was never a fan of Timothy Zahn, but re-reading his books was painful sad.gif

Anyway, it would be nice to hear other people's opinion of them, especially if it's read for the first time.
*LO* you know how to reach me, if you ever decide to read them. It'd be nice to hear your opinion smilesmall.gif

--------------------

Did you lose yourself way out there? Did you get to be a star?
Have I told you that I loved you today?
And don't it make you sad to know that life is more than who we are?

+Quote Post
Madison_rogue
post Mar 27 2014, 12:53 AM
Post #23

Standing beside myself to the nth degree
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,159

QUOTE (*LeiaOrgana* @ Mar 23 2014, 12:03 PM) *
I have been preemptively pessimistic about the new movie(s), seeing as the PT has crushed my belief in somebody in the movie industry still being in it for the "story" part of storytelling. I remain sceptical, but your link, Rebel, has actually gotten me a little bit excited.

I have not read any EU material from the Thrawn era, I'm mostly interested in the chronologically early material such as the X-Wing series with I think my latest being "I,Jedi", so I can't say much about that storyline. I'm reasonably interested in Jacen and Jaina, though, I think there's some good storytelling options there.

In the end I'm definitely gonna watch it and follow the news up to it's release. We'll have to wait and see.

Aah, if only Joss Whedon had gotten the job...

Weaving, Oldman, and Cumberbatch is enough to get me interested. I loved Cumberatch as Khan in ST II. Weaving as Thrawn maybe? Cumberbatch as a resurrected Emperor?

IDK if Abrams will stick to some of the EU plot or not, but regardless..this cast might be shaping up to be pretty good.

--------------------

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. You got a problem with that?

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Mar 27 2014, 06:04 PM
Post #24

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 884

^I hope so M_r. You know sometimes there are good actors/actresses in movies but the movie itself, turns out to be bad? So I'm hoping it's not like this.

Hey are some of you going to join the new forum that bassman made? It'd be cool if you did! smilehuge.gif

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post
Madison_rogue
post Mar 28 2014, 12:41 AM
Post #25

Standing beside myself to the nth degree
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,159

I honestly haven't decided on joining the other forum. I absolutely appreciate that it exists for people to discover, but I just don't have the time to post anymore.

RL has caught up to me...

confusedsmall.gif

--------------------

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. You got a problem with that?

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Mar 28 2014, 09:50 AM
Post #26

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 884

QUOTE (Madison_rogue @ Mar 28 2014, 01:41 AM) *
I honestly haven't decided on joining the other forum. I absolutely appreciate that it exists for people to discover, but I just don't have the time to post anymore.

RL has caught up to me...

confusedsmall.gif

Aw, okay I know what you mean. Well if anyone sees this, all of you were very friendly to talk to and cool members! I posted what I thought of you all in threads with my stories, but forgot to do it with posts about anything. I think of all of you as very good/best friends and you were all nice, sweet, funny, (etc) and made my day. Thank you for helping out with my stories (I have put your sn's down whoever helped with ideas). I will miss you all. hug-sad.gif

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 02:54 PM