Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yoda and Kenobi looking at the security holograms, how did the images of Sidius and Vader get in there?
paul73
post Nov 23 2010, 01:10 AM
Post #1

Power Poster
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 1,428

I was just watching Episode 3 and I found something a bit confusing. After the Jedi Temple has been attacked, Yoda and Kenobi fight their way in so they can shut off the signal which is drawing-in Jedi to a trap. When they notice a young Jedi was killed by lightsaber, they decide to look at the Temple security holograms. They rewind it until they come to images of Anakin kneeling before Palpatine (ie. Sidius). This is when Yoda and Kenobi learn Anakin's new Sith name, "Vader". Now this is a bit confusing for three reasons:

first, Anakin was kneeling before Palpatine in Palpatine's office, not in the Jedi Temple.

second, it seems strange that everything that goes on in the Supreme Chancellor's office gets recorded.

third, near the beginning of the movie, Kenobi gives Anakin an assignment in the hallway of the Jedi Temple precisely because "it is not to be kept on record" - so there are no cameras there, and yet there seem to be cameras everywhere else?

Even if we assume for security purposes, the camera is always on in Palpatine's office, we saw that is is indeed possible to erase files with the erasing of the entire existance of the planet of Kamino in Episode 2. You'd think a meeting as personal (Anakin becoming Darth Vader, and Anakin mentioning Padme several times) and monumental (the destruction of the Jedi) as this would be kept strictly confidential.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Master
post Nov 25 2010, 10:43 AM
Post #2

Frozen in Carbonite on Slave 1
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,532

Well, it wasn't the converstation Anakin and Palpatine had in the office. Sidious came to the temple and there this record took place. And the cameras? I think maybe Palpatine wanted JM to see this record.

--------------------
THE FOLLOW-UP FORUM to BH:
blue-harvest.co.uk

Married to anya_skywalker

"It is known that there are infinite number of worlds, simply because there is infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so average population of all planets in Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that population of whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of deranged imagination."
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Master was here (12.10.16)

+Quote Post
darthnecrum
post Feb 21 2011, 01:58 PM
Post #3

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 431

ditto paul73 plus there was so much going on maybe they didn't have time to worry about the small details, they had already shown their hand and all the jedi were supposed to be dead by this time anyway

helps? confusedsmall.gif

--------------------
I HAD a bad feeling about this, but now I take ZOLOFT :D

Married to: The Dark Side

Happy to be an Irregular Poster/Lurker

Don't you die on me BH

+Quote Post
SouthsideJosh
post Mar 15 2011, 09:00 PM
Post #4

New Poster
Group Icon

Group: Padawan
Member No.: 35,866

I think what Yoda and Obi-Wan were looking at was Anakin using a holo-communicator to contact Sidious that is why you see him in the temple

+Quote Post
paul73
post Apr 1 2011, 11:02 PM
Post #5

Power Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,428

QUOTE (SouthsideJosh @ Mar 15 2011, 09:00 PM) *
I think what Yoda and Obi-Wan were looking at was Anakin using a holo-communicator to contact Sidious that is why you see him in the temple

Ah, now that hadn't occurred to me... I'll have to watch that scene again with that in mind.

+Quote Post
master_palin
post Apr 12 2011, 09:25 PM
Post #6

Bronze Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

Because its SW and it doesn't have to make sense.. Much like the authors in the EU novals GL doesn't think things through he just tosses stuff into moves and scene for the effect he wants.

You are not supposed to anaylze the scene and go WTF

--------------------
Pain Heals
Chicks dig Scars
Glory last forever

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 11:21 AM