> Finally!
sith-yoda
post Apr 17 2012, 09:25 PM
Post #1

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 1,007

Finally caved in and bought the entire NJO series along with the the dark nest trilogy and Hand of Thrawn duology. Been wanting to read NJO since Vector Prime was released in 1999! Crazy but now I'll finally be able to plow through the series. Anyone else read it? What are your thoughts?

--------------------
You'll never be strong enough to make time stand still.

"Who's scruffy lookin'?!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Apr 17 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #2

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Member No.: 884

If I'm remembering right, some of the NJO was good and others were just "eh". But most of them pulled your attention in and you wanted to know more. That's cool that you're finally reading them, just to forewarn you though, a lot of good characters die.

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post
sith-yoda
post Apr 17 2012, 10:00 PM
Post #3

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,007

Yeah I know, I basically have most of major stuff that happens spoiled already. tounge.gif It was hard to avoid since they've been out for so long. haha

--------------------
You'll never be strong enough to make time stand still.

"Who's scruffy lookin'?!"

+Quote Post
Jedi Gurl
post Aug 17 2012, 01:44 AM
Post #4

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,395

I fricken love the NJO I just recently finished it. I absolutely love it! You should really enjoy it. Dark nest trilogy is cool too it gets you ready for the Legacy of the Force. And the hand of thrawn Dulology is awesome. Sounds like you are in for some good reading. Although I do have to agree with Rebel that there are some eh moments that kinda slow things down but still totally worth it! tounge.gif

--------------------

My padawan is Alderaan Princess and I'm happily married to Ninja Boy.
Why do people say "Life's a bitch" because if it was a slut it'd be easy.
I'm such a loser my FISH tried to runaway.
Jedi Gurl loves her Ninja Boy
Life is like watching Star Wars, if you spend too much time crying cuz uncle Owen and aunt Beru died, you'll miss the ewok celebration.
Peace, Love, and Red Pants!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 11:12 AM