> The old Star wars collection in the basement, dust off some memories
paul73
post May 17 2007, 01:23 AM
Post #1

Power Poster
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 1,428

I remembered I have an old Star wars toy collection in the basement, and realized this might make for a good conversation here.

I've got the original Luke Skywalker action figure, dressed in his Tatooine garb, with a missing light-saber, half the paint on his face gone. I also have the original Darth Vader, his light-saber also gone, and his plastic head came off at some point and I glued it back on. I have a few vehicles like the X-wing fighter and (my all-time favorite) the Millenium Falcon. sw-falcon.gif I keep all my figures in a carrying-case that is in the shape of Vader's head. I also have a chewy teddybear that is flat from me sleeping on it when I was a kid.

I had a friend who had just about every Star wars toy there ever was. I imagine he could've played out the entire 3 movies. I was envious that he had the AT-
AT. sw-atat.gif Although, in retrospect, I can see why my parents didn't buy it: it was bigger than me and took up a lot of space.

I wonder, just out of curiosity, how much, if anything, this stuff is worth now?

Anyways, I'm sure if my wife and I have kids someday, our kids will have fun playing with some of it. I sure did. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darth Nuliaj
post May 17 2007, 08:16 AM
Post #2

Redecorating the Deathstar
Group Icon

Group: Ghost Jedi (Ex-Mod)
Member No.: 618

Hi Paul. Ahhh the memories. I have a similar collection and also recall being wowed by kids who had the ones i didn't have lol. Isn't it odd how certain things stay in your memory. I can remember playing with mine using my parents furniture in our living room as various different sets. We had a large room-divider that had staggered shelving which doubled as either a Star Destroyer's various decks or as the Death Star. Another piece worked well with my Dagobah playset that seemed to me to be ideal as a play area for Dagobah and in my version of The Empire Strikes Back the other bounty hunters that were looking for the Falcon made their way to Dagobah for Yoda & Luke etc to do battle with.

I have a photo somewhere of one year when it snowed & I took my Han in Hoth outfit outside with Chewie & the Wampa to re-enact scenes from Hoth (even though Han & Chewie never actually encountered the Wampa - ha ha I was less than 10 when I saw TESB & my memory was sketchy)

Aaaah happy days.

As for value, well you can use good old Ebay as a guide. There's always hundreds on there, but as a general rule of thumb the played with toys go for a few pence each - maybe a couple of quid. There are a few rare ones taht command higher prices even loose - particularly those from the final wave of figures (Amanaman, Luke Stormtrooper, General Lando, Barada, etc etc). I recall looking up Yak Face from that final wave and nearly fainting at its value MIMB (Mint In Mint Box) and then realising that even loose it was worth 75 shocked.gif

But to me the joy of these things was playing with them. I would need to be really desperate for money to ever sell them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tripod
post May 17 2007, 11:03 AM
Post #3

Junior Poster
Group Icon

Group: Padawan
Member No.: 2,778

Oooh collectors...

That's nearly the only thing about living in Finland I don't like,
we don't get any Star Wars action figures or toys sad.gif .

Oh well.

I think that you should keep your collection until you can give it
to your kids, if you decide to have any, and if they don't want
them, wait for grandchildren wink.gif

PS. I think they could be worth something atleast but my tip is to
just hang on to them smilehuge.gif . (remember some people doesn't even get them
other than by importing)

--------------------

May the force be with you... always

+Quote Post
greenangel
post May 20 2007, 03:44 PM
Post #4

Admiring the handywork of a small furball
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Master (Mod)
Member No.: 5,367

Im so jealous....if only my mom had kept all the SW toys me and my brothers had...I could retire... angry.gif

I would hang on to the toys...longer you keep then...the more they will be worth... smile.gif

--------------------
Happily married to Mr. Arca Hejaran.

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post May 20 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #5

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Member No.: 884

I remember going over to my Aunt and Uncle's house, I guess it was Christmas as we always went there that day. Anyway my one cousin was so impressed as how the Falcon (the toy my brother had) had buttons for the lasers and how the Tie-Fighters wings would come off with a push of the button and could be reapplied so easily. He was telling us when he was younger and they had the Tie-Fighters that he would throw them against the wall when the good guys would shoot them down. Then he would ask his father to get some more, lol.

He gave us an old Bossk toy. It really looked different from the new toys my brother collected. We still have it too. Even though we didn't really collect the toys, my brother and I have a lot and we would play with them on our beds and like you guys, on our furniture too. It was fun. And sometimes....we still play with them. smilesmall.gif

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post
jedimaster999
post May 23 2007, 06:17 AM
Post #6

Searching for pesky escaped droid in a speeder
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,220

unfortunly when i was 15 my mom gave all my star wars toys to my oldest nephew

--------------------
"May the Schwartz be with you!"

"ALF: [about Lucky] Last time I saw him he was high-tailing it out the window.
Willie: And why was that?
ALF: Cause I was chasing him with a fork."

+Quote Post
Sarah-Leia
post Jul 7 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #7

Rookie Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,549

I've got about 20 figurines. Not much, huh? They don't really bring many memories since I haven't had them since '77 (as I wasn't alive then).

--------------------

Which Star Wars Character Are You?
Your Result: Han Solo

You scoundrel! You like to shoot first and ask questions later, if at all. At first glance people often think that you are cocky and selfish, which you are, but you do have a good heart in you somewhere.

+Quote Post
greenangel
post Jul 7 2007, 06:50 PM
Post #8

Admiring the handywork of a small furball
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Master (Mod)
Member No.: 5,367

My mom...a very smart lady...when the prequels came out she bought tons of SW toys and stored them away to sell sometime in the far future...but she wont let me touch them....what I would give to open everything.... smile.gif

--------------------
Happily married to Mr. Arca Hejaran.

+Quote Post
PrincessLeia*
post Feb 5 2008, 02:16 PM
Post #9

Flying casual in the Tyderium shuttle
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,016

This stuff I think it worths quite a while.. smilehuge.gif
Anyway, my dad, when I was 5, used to play me all Star Wars, because we have the action figures of Han, Luke, Leia, Darth Vader and Yoda, plus two spaceships... I loved it. I always tried to not remember the end, and I tried to get surprised when they all survive...Also if it worths quite a while, I would never sell it.

--------------------
Star Wars and Indiana Jones ROCK!
Alderaan Princess and Jedi_Rachel--> BFF FOREVER!

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Mutt Williams: Do I look like a mailman?<-- xD
Shia LaBoeuf <3

+Quote Post
Aquarius
post Feb 13 2008, 03:45 PM
Post #10

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,474

I still have just about all of my stuff from when I was a kid--trading cards, action figures, newspaper clippings, etc.

I think one of the most unusual items I own is a facial tissue box. When ESB came out, Puffs did a series of four ESB designer boxes, and I have the one with Luke and Yoda. smilehuge.gif

--------------------
Han and Leia fans! Visit This Is Some Rescue and Nerfherder's Playground

+Quote Post
bassman
post Jan 9 2014, 10:39 AM
Post #11

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 147

I was looking through some DVD's a while ago and discovered my original trilogy (3 separate disks). I think they were a buy 3 DVD's for a special price offer. No doubt they would be cheaper now as the price of a DVD seems to be down... at least a while after their release.

They were still sealed!! I did find the time to watch the first movie, but have yet to get around to the next two!

+Quote Post
Master
post Jan 17 2014, 08:14 AM
Post #12

Frozen in Carbonite on Slave 1
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,532

I don't have any old collection since I'm not that old to have any tounge.gif all I have are Star Wars Blu-Rays, DVDs, CDs, games for PS2 and PS3, books etc. But one thing I have is pretty vintage. I'm talking about Star Wars Portfolio, released in December 1, 1977. And in good condition too. I don't have many things I'm proud of, but this thing is pretty neat, especially for where I live. It is hard to get old things like that.

--------------------
THE FOLLOW-UP FORUM to BH:
blue-harvest.co.uk

Married to anya_skywalker

"It is known that there are infinite number of worlds, simply because there is infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so average population of all planets in Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that population of whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of deranged imagination."
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Master was here (12.10.16)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 03:52 PM