Leiafan
post Jan 20 2013, 02:50 AM
Post #21

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 2,613

QUOTE (Jedi Gurl @ Aug 26 2012, 12:05 AM) *
Wow you make it sound like she just goes around hurting everybody's feelings.

She goes around making a jackass of herself, but "everybody" smiles at her and thinks she's wonderful.

She never says anything like that unless it is warranted

She says plenty that is not warranted, and plenty that is supremely hypocritical or just plain wrong.

and she doesn't say things harshly or mean spirited.

Yes she does.

She gives advice like any other jedi master should.

Jedi Master is a position she has not earned and doesn't deserve. And she doesn't give advice. She tells other people what to do, even (or especially) when she has no clue what she's talking about.

Just because she doesn't have Leia's diplomatic serenity and calm politeness all the time doesn't mean she's a horrible person.

No, that she's a horrible person makes her a horrible person. Yet she is revered and respected, more so than Leia.

Yes Leia endured alot in the NJO, I agree with you on that, but I don't think her strength was ignored. Everyone already knows that Leia is strong and great.

So why the need to keep proving it, without actually giving her credit for it? Meanwhile, Mara's strength was remarked upon constantly.

--------------------
Darth Vader would snap Mara Jade's throat like a twig -- if she was even worth the effort
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Leiafan
post Jan 20 2013, 02:50 AM
Post #22

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 2,613

The authors didn't ignore that. The other characters didn't ignore that.And the fans don't ignore it. Leia gets plenty of credit.

Where?

And to say that Mara and Luke "Screwed like minks" is over exaggerating their romantic moments in the books.

Maybe it's exaggerating, but not that much. Luke and Mara got all the love scenes and most of the personal scenes.

Also keep in mind that Luke and Mara seldom saw each other in the first few years of their marriage.

The same is true of Han and Leia, but the authors felt no need to make up for that by giving them nonstop valentines the way they did to Luke and Mara in the NJO.

Also Mara cared for Anakin as much as anyone else.

No she didn't.

She happens to be fighting a war,

So is everyone else. Harder than she is, in fact.

and wasn't a blood relative of his she didn't feel it in the force like others did.

Odd. Leia's children barely reacted when she was brutally tortured, yet they fell to their knees, sobbing, when they felt Mara's labor pains through the Force, though Mara isn't a blood relative.

That doesn't mean she didn't grieve at all. when my dad died I got over it, that doesn't mean I didn't love him or didn't care. It just means that I knew I had to move on.

Mara didn't grieve, and she moved on roughly two seconds after he died. She also told Luke to stop grieving, and he immediately obeyed like the marionette he became the moment he married her. He never stands up to her or tells her to back off, no matter how appalling her behavior. In fact, he rewards her by "enveloping her in his love."

When she stupidly rushed to hack off the vines that wrapped around her ship, endangering the mission she, Luke and Jacen were on (not to mention, endangering their lives), Luke rewarded her by making out with her on the ship later. And when Jacen left the scene after they started schmooping, Mara wondered if he was "jealous" of what they had. Yeah, because everyone is always thinking about Mara, Mara, Mara, every moment of every day. It didn't occur to the self-centered shrew that maybe he was nauseated by the sight of his middle-aged uncle making out with his middle-aged wife.

You really seem to hate mara Jade and I understand that nothing i type here will change that. But just the same nothing you say will change how I feel for Mara Jade. She will always be my favorite character. tounge.gif

Yes, I do hate Mara Jade, and I think you are attributing characteristics to her that she doesn't possess. It also seems to me that she can do no wrong in your eyes.

--------------------
Darth Vader would snap Mara Jade's throat like a twig -- if she was even worth the effort
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2018 - 03:14 AM