Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sio Bibble's holographic plea for help, holograms and their authenticity in the SW universe
paul73
post Feb 12 2010, 02:11 AM
Post #1

Power Poster
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 1,428

In Episode I, when Amidala is off Naboo, she recieves a distress holographic message apparently of Sio Bibble, in which he says the occupation was reaching "catastrophic" levels, and he pleads that the Queen try to contact him.

My immediate thought was that this was a trap, because:
1. Only moments before, Sio Bibble told Gunray that he would never cooperate with him, and so Gunray had his droids take him away;
2. The Trade Federation is surely smart enough and technologically-savy to trace a reply by Amidala so they can track her down.
3. Sio Bibble Bibble, being the governor of Naboo, and loyal to his Queen, must have known that the Trade Federation were simply trying to ensnare the Queen with such a plea and thus would never agree to do it.

If Bibble was unwilling to cooperate, they would not have been able to force him to send the plea for help to Amidala. So we have to assume then, that the hologram was a fake.

But wait a minute -- in Episode 3, when Yoda and Obi-Wan are viewing the security footage in the Jedi Temple to discover who killed the younglings, and they find the hologram of Anakin, they immediately condemn Anakin, and they give no thought to fakery.

How does one tell a true hologram from a fake one in the SW universe?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
master_palin
post Feb 12 2010, 04:02 PM
Post #2

Bronze Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

I would assume in much the same way they try to detect digital photos have been tampered with. ONly more complex. And I don't think the message was a fake. It was obviously a trap but not a fake.
And you would be surprised how much a politician will corporate when you have guns pointed at his head. Loyalty only goes so far after all with most people. Besides the trade federation didnt want to kill the queen.. We just want her to sign the treaty.. Giving us full control.. Then they will kill her. evil.gif

And the holo gram of Vader was a security recording. From the Jedi Temple security system. And while nothing is impossible to hack or fake THEY KNOW be it though the force or whatever that Anikin was responsible. Even before Obi pulls up the feed.. Yoda tells me something like .. look not like not what you will find. SO Yoda seems to already know.

--------------------
Pain Heals
Chicks dig Scars
Glory last forever

+Quote Post
Zideric
post Feb 12 2010, 10:50 PM
Post #3

Junior Poster
Group Icon

Group: Padawan
Member No.: 35,698

Lol @ "If Bibble was unwilling to cooperate, they would not have been able to force him to send the plea for help to Amidala. So we have to assume then, that the hologram was a fake."

Exactly what Master Palin said: "You would be surprised how much a politician will corporate when you have guns pointed at his head."

I don't think you have a very strong point, paul.

Even if they would have the technology to create a fake hologram message like that, they wouldn't take the time to do so. They could force anyone to send a message to the queen.

--------------------
No mercy for the weak, no pity for the dying, no tears for the slain!

+Quote Post
paul73
post Feb 13 2010, 02:08 AM
Post #4

Power Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,428

The transition of scenes just seemed funny and abrupt to me when in one scene we had Bibble so defiant, and in the next he's a willing pawn of the Trade Federation.

QUOTE (master_palin @ Feb 12 2010, 04:02 PM) *
And you would be surprised how much a politician will corporate when you have guns pointed at his head.

However, I suppose that's true. Self-preservation is a strong motivator! smile.gif

+Quote Post
AdmiralTreyDavid
post Mar 20 2010, 07:46 AM
Post #5

New Poster
Group Icon

Group: Padawan
Member No.: 741

Not to mention the fact that druids probably had no qualms with torturing Bibble if he refused to comply... I'm sure he really didn't have much choice but to send the message confusedsmall.gif

--------------------
Tha Admiral!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 11:25 AM