> New Members
bassman
post Jan 15 2014, 07:07 AM
Post #1

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 147

I am not sure how the Forum can be returned to a semblance of its former glory.

When I was trying to log in recently (after a "few" years) I almost re-registered. On doing so I noticed that you have to send an email to join.

I did not get a response (though I sent a second email to say I had remembered my password) so I am wondering if new members are able to join the forum nowadays.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Master
post Jan 15 2014, 08:48 AM
Post #2

Frozen in Carbonite on Slave 1
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,532

an e-mail? really? It doesn't sound right, because such system is very slow and dated. That's a good question, but unfortunately I haven't seen Blue for a few years. I fear she really lost her interest in this site or just doesn't have any spare time

most of our moderators are also missing.

--------------------
THE FOLLOW-UP FORUM to BH:
blue-harvest.co.uk

Married to anya_skywalker

"It is known that there are infinite number of worlds, simply because there is infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so average population of all planets in Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that population of whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of deranged imagination."
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Master was here (12.10.16)

+Quote Post
bassman
post Jan 15 2014, 10:15 AM
Post #3

Regular Poster
Group Icon

To register, you have to send an email to [deleted by admin] and specify what username you would like to use. This of course makes it very difficult for new members to sign up for the forum.

+Quote Post
Master
post Jan 15 2014, 10:56 AM
Post #4

Frozen in Carbonite on Slave 1
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,532

I agree with you, it is a very odd system and it needs to be changed. I don't really know how, since there is no sight of BH.

--------------------
THE FOLLOW-UP FORUM to BH:
blue-harvest.co.uk

Married to anya_skywalker

"It is known that there are infinite number of worlds, simply because there is infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so average population of all planets in Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that population of whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of deranged imagination."
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Master was here (12.10.16)

+Quote Post
bassman
post Jan 15 2014, 11:00 AM
Post #5

Regular Poster
Group Icon

I wonder if the emails actually get somewhere that they can be read. I would have thought the email address ought to maybe link to another email account.

I had a domain name once and the emails were forwarded to my normal email account.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 03:57 PM