post Jan 1 2012, 05:21 PM
Post #21

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 431

Some extra points:

Quote 1. "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." - Yoda, TESB

From this we can gather that there is a lifeforce element to all living things that is separate from physical matter.

In the same scene Yoda appears to be implying that the Force is somehow continuous with this lifeforce:

Quote 2. "Life Creates it.." Yoda, TESB

So we now know that the Force comes from the lifeforce in all living things. Not only is matter separate from the lifeforce element but the lifeforce element goes on to make the Force.

Now these two points don't necessarily mean that the Force and midichlorians are two different things, BUT it does mean that IF lifeforce creates the Force, and IF midichlorians are the same thing as the Force, THEN all living things (ie. all instances of lifeforce) must have midichlorians.

Now in the PT it is clearly not the case that all living things have midichlorians because of two observations:

Quote 3: "I am a Toydarian, mind tricks don't work on me." Watto, TPM

Here we have an instance where the jedi mind-trick does not work, not through the quality of having a weak mind, but because of belonging to a species, a species presumably devoid of midichlorians.

Quote 4: "His midichlorian count is through the roof". Obi Wan Kenobi, TPM

Of course this quote is highly contextual but as everyone here knows this refers to a living thing (Anakin) being 'strong in the Force' because he has lots of midichlorians.

These last two quotes imply that a living thing which, from all outward appearances is not devoid of or lacking in lifeforce, can nevertheless be devoid of or lacking in midichlorians. SO not all living things have midichlorians, at least not very equally.

Thus the only possible conclusion is that:

Midichlorians and the Force are not the same thing.

Consequently anything said of midichlorians does not negate anything said about the Force itself.

The role of midichlorians appears then to simply be an interface between a living thing and the Force itself. The more midichlorians this living thing has, the more powerful is this interface.

When a SW character talks about someone being 'strong in the Force', they really mean to say that this person is strong in their ability to connect to and manipulate the Force, which is probably why the term 'Force sensitive' is popping up more and more.

Of course, we could just be reading way too much into this!!! cool.gif

--------------------
I HAD a bad feeling about this, but now I take ZOLOFT :D

Married to: The Dark Side

Happy to be an Irregular Poster/Lurker

Don't you die on me BH
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jayce76
post Jan 28 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #22

New Poster
Group Icon

Group: Padawan
Member No.: 35,704

You know, I never even really needed to analyze it, just that there were a part of the Force. And the differnet Jedi views were like the differnet views between Batptist & Presbyterian.

________________________________________________________________________________

http://jayce76.deviantart.com/

+Quote Post
darthnecrum
post Oct 13 2012, 02:18 PM
Post #23

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 431

I'll pay that Jayce76 smilehuge.gif

--------------------
I HAD a bad feeling about this, but now I take ZOLOFT :D

Married to: The Dark Side

Happy to be an Irregular Poster/Lurker

Don't you die on me BH

+Quote Post
darthmou
post Dec 9 2012, 07:15 PM
Post #24

Rookie Poster
Group Icon

From: Rio de Janeiro ,Brazil, Earth , Solar System, Milkway Galaxy
Member No.: 112

Everytime George Lucas tries to explain more he gets inside his own traps. If everyone is tested for midichlorians early on, why did not Palpatine showed he had Force Capabilities? Even as Chanceler he would draw attention as a high midclor holder??
Not even trying to understand how he could not bring attention to himself as a Sith next to the Jedi Counsel .

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2018 - 04:56 AM