> When Padmé tells Anakin she's pregnant
Leiafan
post Jul 7 2008, 09:25 AM
Post #1

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 2,613

I just love the way he reacts. He's incredulous, happy, and terrified all at the same time.

Hayden is really good at conveying multiple and seemingly conflicting emotions at once, like he did in AOTC when he confessed the Tusken slaughter to Padmé -- he's wracked with guilt, as well as grief over the loss of his mother, but at the same time, he's exhiliarated because he's had his first taste of the power of the Dark Side.

--------------------
Darth Vader would snap Mara Jade's throat like a twig -- if she was even worth the effort
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Jul 7 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #2

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Member No.: 884

In my opinion he grew as an actor from AotC to RotS, I thought he was much better in the final SW film. That being said, whenver I see that part, for a fraction of a second, I think to RotJ when Ben tells Luke that Vader didn't want children because they would be a threat to him.

So yes, Hayden played those emotions very well.

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post
Leiafan
post Jul 7 2008, 10:58 PM
Post #3

Regular Poster
Group Icon

I like his performance in AOTC, but I agree he grew as an actor from AOTC to ROTS. AOTC did not mark his debut -- he had done television as well as bit parts in movies like "The Virgin Suicides" -- but it was the first time he had a major role in a high-profile big screen movie. By ROTS, he'd had a major role in "Life as a House" (which was filmed after AOTC, though it came out before) and the lead role in "Shattered Glass," and was more polished and experienced.

What I appreciate about his performances in both AOTC and ROTS is that he integrated aspects of the other actors who'd played Anakin and Vader in some capacity. Five in all: Jake Lloyd, David Prowse, James Earl Jones, Sebastian Shaw, and Bob Anderson (Vader during the duels in ESB and ROTJ). Six, if you count Ben Burrtt, who provided the famous breathing sounds. He also created a link between Anakin and his future son, Luke, by integrating some of Luke's characteristics -- the tendency to be whiny, for instance, but also the bravery and thirst for excitement.

--------------------
Darth Vader would snap Mara Jade's throat like a twig -- if she was even worth the effort

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Jul 8 2008, 06:32 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

I haven't seen Hayden in anything but SW and Jumper. In my opinion he was horrible as Anakin in AotC except in a few scenes. You say Luke was whinny, I don't think so. He's a teenager and is acting like one, while with Anakin he knew he was a Jedi and is acting like a baby.

Were his other movies that good to go and rent?

Yes, he was good in acting as Vader where it did look like he studied the movements Vader made or how he would talk in certain scenes, etc. Agreed there.

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post
darth_sillyness
post Jul 8 2008, 07:22 AM
Post #5

New Poster
Group Icon

Group: Padawan
Member No.: 12,891

i think that he is a fairly talented actor and of the other movies that i've seen him in he's played his character well.

wow. i had forgotten he was in the virgin suicides. huh. i'll have to rewatch that now (one of my favorite movies!).

i saw him in this sort of indie movie that was billed as a horror/suspense but really came off as a sort of art film called "awake". you should totally check it out if you haven't already. some really amazing emotional acting from him in that.

this may get me some boos but i really did not care for his acting in AotC or RotS. there wasn't any chemistry between him and natalie portman. his acting isn't so much bad as some of the writing had him jump from being good to evil and made it hard for the scenes themselves to be believable.

so i blame the writing more than that actual acting and as much as i LOVE natalie for some strange reason she and hayden just didn't "click".

*sigh*

all this to say that the scene where he learns about her pregnancy is probably one of the BETTER scenes for me.

and of course battling obi-wan was epic goodness. but the love story weakened the overall movies for me.

--------------------
"yes your highnessness"

+Quote Post
Leiafan
post Jul 8 2008, 09:14 AM
Post #6

Regular Poster
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rebel_A96 @ Jul 8 2008, 06:32 AM)
I haven't seen Hayden in anything but SW and Jumper.   In my opinion he was horrible as Anakin in AotC except in a few scenes.  You say Luke was whinny, I don't think so.  He's a teenager and is acting like one, while with Anakin he knew he was a Jedi and is acting like a baby.

Luke was 20 in ANH and 23 in ESB. He was not a teenager. Also, he was twice as whiny in ESB as he was in ANH -- in fact, all he does from the moment he meets up with Yoda until he leaves for Bespin is whine. It's not until ROTJ that he stops whining and acts like the adult he's supposed to be.

I disagree that Hayden was "horrible" in AOTC. And I think Natalie Portman is the most overrated actress of her generation. She's OK but hardly worthy of the gushing praise and endless amounts of slack she gets cut by critics.

Oops, I forgot. The OT (which stands for "Original Two" and actually mostly refers to ESB) is sacred here, and so is the EU. If you like the PT, it's best to not say so.

Silly me. I shouldn't have tried to start up a postive thread which pertained to the PT.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alderaan Princes...
post Jul 8 2008, 02:54 PM
Post #7

Hurtling towards desert planet in escape pod
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,842

QUOTE (Leiafan @ Jul 8 2008, 12:14 AM)
Oops, I forgot. The OT (which stands for "Original Two" and actually mostly refers to ESB) is sacred here, and so is the EU. If you like the PT, it's best to not say so.

I thought OT meant Original Trilogy eyeball.gif

and I disagree with not being able to say that you like the PT. after all, this whole section is for the PT only...

--------------------
BH mom: PrincessLeia*
BH dad: ~R2D2_owns_us_all
My BH best friends: Jedi_Rachel and PrincessLeia*(love you guys!)
My master: jediwannabe

Only in America do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters

I dare you to click here!

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Jul 8 2008, 07:51 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Okay well he acted like a teenager for being an adult, granted. But I still don't see how he came off as whinny except in one scene in ANH.

Don't worry darth_sillyness, my Mom tells me the same thing every time she sees me watching the PT, that Hayden and Natalie didn't work together onscreen. Epic goodness, that sounds cool. msn_yes.gif

I, too like AP, thought that OT meant the Original Trilogy. That's what it means on sw.com and other SW forums. Maybe you accidentally heard wrong, Leiafan, don't worry as it happens to all of us. smilesmall.gif

I do find it confusing though that you said we couldn't say we like the PT here. So what did you mean?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Leiafan
post Feb 27 2010, 09:47 PM
Post #9

Regular Poster
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rebel_A96 @ Jul 8 2008, 07:51 PM) *
Okay well he acted like a teenager for being an adult, granted. But I still don't see how he came off as whinny except in one scene in ANH.

Don't worry darth_sillyness, my Mom tells me the same thing every time she sees me watching the PT, that Hayden and Natalie didn't work together onscreen. Epic goodness, that sounds cool. msn_yes.gif

I, too like AP, thought that OT meant the Original Trilogy. That's what it means on sw.com and other SW forums. Maybe you accidentally heard wrong, Leiafan, don't worry as it happens to all of us. smilesmall.gif

I do find it confusing though that you said we couldn't say we like the PT here. So what did you mean?

I didn't hear wrong, Rebel_A96. I've simply noticed that on every SW "fan" message board I go to, including this one, the OT stands for Original Two, because according to the bashers, ROTJ marks the line when "SW began to suck"; the Original Two are sacred; the EU is sacred; but the PT can be bashed viciously, sometimes for the same "wrongs" that are glossed over/forgiven/defended in the Original Two and the EU. Threads complaining about every little thing in the PT are commonplace, but if you dare criticize the EU, you're told to "shut up." And somehow Luke being whiny in the Original Two gets forgotten in the zeal to slam Hayden Christensen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Madison_rogue
post Feb 28 2010, 10:20 PM
Post #10

Standing beside myself to the nth degree
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Master (Mod)
Member No.: 1,159

QUOTE (Leiafan @ Feb 27 2010, 02:47 PM) *
I didn't hear wrong, Rebel_A96. I've simply noticed that on every SW "fan" message board I go to, including this one, the OT stands for Original Two, because according to the bashers, ROTJ marks the line when "SW began to suck"; the Original Two are sacred; the EU is sacred; but the PT can be bashed viciously, sometimes for the same "wrongs" that are glossed over/forgiven/defended in the Original Two and the EU. Threads complaining about every little thing in the PT are commonplace, but if you dare criticize the EU, you're told to "shut up." And somehow Luke being whiny in the Original Two gets forgotten in the zeal to slam Hayden Christensen.

Original Two? Epic fail, at least here. And I don't really care what other forums classify OT as. It's not a point arguing because it's not even relevant in this forum. Here OT is classified as ANH, ESB, and ROTJ. PT is classified as TPM, AOTC, and ROTS.

I don't see the point of grave digging a topic that's been inactive for a year and a half specifically to continue ranting about your well-known gripes about SW fans in this forum. This conversation is long over, and you decided not to reply.

Cut it out.

--------------------

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. You got a problem with that?

+Quote Post
Leiafan
post Mar 1 2010, 04:46 AM
Post #11

Regular Poster
Group Icon

The only reason I didn't reply until recently was because I didn't see the latest responses until recently.

And it's interesting that you get angry at me for "reviving a dead thread," when this thread was my attempt to start a positive discussion on a forum that is mostly filled with negativity...but instead it turned into a bashing thread by people who wanted to complain about the writing in the PT.

I know for a fact that that would not be allowed in the EU forum. I just don't see why there is a double standard -- why the writing in the PT is open to be slammed but the writing in the EU isn't, nor is, apparently, the writing in the OT. And please don't accuse me of using "circular logic." Pointing out a double standard and asking why it is practiced is not circular logic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Madison_rogue
post Mar 1 2010, 06:15 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (Leiafan @ Feb 28 2010, 09:46 PM) *
The only reason I didn't reply until recently was because I didn't see the latest responses until recently.

And it's interesting that you get angry at me for "reviving a dead thread," when this thread was my attempt to start a positive discussion on a forum that is mostly filled with negativity...but instead it turned into a bashing thread by people who wanted to complain about the writing in the PT.

I know for a fact that that would not be allowed in the EU forum. I just don't see why there is a double standard -- why the writing in the PT is open to be slammed but the writing in the EU isn't, nor is, apparently, the writing in the OT. And please don't accuse me of using "circular logic." Pointing out a double standard and asking why it is practiced is not circular logic.

14. Do not resurrect a very old topic if you have nothing significant to add.

Forum Rules and Guidelines

I see nothing that you've added here that doesn't repeat your opinions offered in the past, therefore there is no reason to continue a conversation that ended in July of 2008.

--------------------

(\__/)
(O.o )

+Quote Post
master_palin
post Mar 1 2010, 04:25 PM
Post #13

Bronze Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

DONT MAKE ME PULL THIS THREAD OVER AND MAKE YOU TWO WALK!! HEHEHE

Stop the Bashing and take a chill pill damn..

AS to haydens acting.. I blame the script and the directors more than the actors performance. While I dont think of him as a great actor and actually found his performance in Jumper better than most of his work in SW I dont think he did a Bad job. Many of his scenes where good.
I do think he did a good job of showing the characters inner struggle. That conflict between the light and dark sides.

But if you step back and look objectively at the OT it was just as cheezy and lame in parts as the PT.
I've always thought Anikin came off as whinny because they where trying to express Anikin's anger and frustration yet didn't want it to come out in an angry outburst. He was a Trained Jedi supposed to have learned to control and move past such emotions. But still needed to show hints of that anger building inside him because it lead to his fall to the darkside.
He says it himself in the scene in their apartment.. Something Like I should want these things or I should be better than this.. He sees it in himself but doesn't know how to deal with it.

--------------------
Pain Heals
Chicks dig Scars
Glory last forever

+Quote Post
Leiafan
post Mar 2 2010, 02:31 AM
Post #14

Regular Poster
Group Icon

The OT is cheesy and lame in a LOT of parts, even the holy, sacred ESB. And Luke whines almost nonstop during his training with Yoda in ESB. It isn't until ROTJ that he stops whining.

I don't see what makes the writing/direction in the PT so much worse than the writing/directing in the OT. Both the OT and the PT have their share of bad performances, cringe-worthy dialogue, and cheesy moments...but also their share of good acting, witty dialogue, and amazing moments. I do NOT think Natalie Portman is as fantastic an actress as critics and the press have claimed for years, so I don't go along with the belief that the PT "ruined her" or whatever the Portmaniacs are saying this week. She's a decent actress, not a great one. She wasn't a good fit for the role of Padmé, except in TPM. IMO Rose Byrne (Dormé in AOTC) would have been a better fit for Padmé in AOTC and ROTS.

Hayden Christensen, like Natalie Portman, is a decent actor, not a great one. IMO he was a good fit for the part of Anakin, and while he may have been whinier than Luke, it's understandable, being as he takes the opposite journey in the PT as Luke does in the OT. I think his performances in AOTC and ROTS are very underrated and underappreciated, particularly in scenes like his confession to the Tusken massacre in AOTC and Padmé telling him she's pregnant in ROTS.

Liam Neeson gave a good performance in TPM, and Ewan McGregor did in AOTC and ROTS. Ian McDiarmid was good in all three movies. I thought Pernilla August was good in TPM. None of them were as good as they've been in other movies, but they weren't supposed to be.

It rather amuses me to see the same moviegoers and critics and whatnot who complain about "the bad directing and dialogue" and the "reliance on CGI" that supposedly permeates the PT, but have NO trouble whatsoever with "Avatar," which has all kinds of bad dialogue and questionable direction, and it's made almost entirely with supposedly "ground-breaking" and "eye-popping" CGI. (I personally think the CGI was good, but neither ground-breaking nor particularly eye-popping, even with the 3-D glasses.) The same goes for any number of other movies and movie series, which have the same flaws as the PT, but which are held as being above criticism. For instance, I wonder what happened between the release of ROTS and that of "King Kong" in 2005, that made critics who had bemoaned that ROTS was filmed almost entirely with bluescreen, practically give themselves hernias to praise the same trait in "King Kong."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Madison_rogue
post Mar 2 2010, 04:59 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (Leiafan @ Mar 1 2010, 07:31 PM) *
Hayden Christensen, like Natalie Portman, is a decent actor, not a great one. IMO he was a good fit for the part of Anakin, and while he may have been whinier than Luke, it's understandable, being as he takes the opposite journey in the PT as Luke does in the OT. I think his performances in AOTC and ROTS are very underrated and underappreciated, particularly in scenes like his confession to the Tusken massacre in AOTC and Padmé telling him she's pregnant in ROTS.

Liam Neeson gave a good performance in TPM, and Ewan McGregor did in AOTC and ROTS. Ian McDiarmid was good in all three movies. I thought Pernilla August was good in TPM. None of them were as good as they've been in other movies, but they weren't supposed to be.

I'm glad we got that out of the way. However, I have to ask why weren't they supposed to be as good in these films as in other work in which they've acted? Doesn't this speak more to writing, and directing, than the actual ability of the actors themselves? Why should we have lowered expectations? Are you saying we should turn a blind eye, and automatically overlook inconsistencies, plotholes, and/or flaws just because it's labeled "Star Wars?"

I'm just asking because I get the impression that you feel we should hold these films to different criteria & standards over other works of a similar nature, and/or that we're uber critical of Lucas's prequels over his original trilogy. From my experience here, this is hardly the case.

QUOTE (Leiafan @ Mar 1 2010, 07:31 PM) *
It rather amuses me to see the same moviegoers and critics and whatnot who complain about "the bad directing and dialogue" and the "reliance on CGI" that supposedly permeates the PT, but have NO trouble whatsoever with "Avatar," which has all kinds of bad dialogue and questionable direction, and it's made almost entirely with supposedly "ground-breaking" and "eye-popping" CGI. (I personally think the CGI was good, but neither ground-breaking nor particularly eye-popping, even with the 3-D glasses.) The same goes for any number of other movies and movie series, which have the same flaws as the PT, but which are held as being above criticism. For instance, I wonder what happened between the release of ROTS and that of "King Kong" in 2005, that made critics who had bemoaned that ROTS was filmed almost entirely with bluescreen, practically give themselves hernias to praise the same trait in "King Kong."

King Kong-Rotten Tomatoes: Rating 83%

Avatar-Rotten Tomatoes: Rating 82%

Revenge of the Sith-Rotten Tomatoes: Rating 80%

There's a 3% difference in Rotten Tomatoes ratings for all 3 films that you mentioned. So the criticism you claim is rather baseless. While I don't doubt you have run across critical reviews of ROTS compared to King Kong, the links I provide above give quite a different impression. I also find the comparison between Avatar & ROTS (seeing that they're 4 and a half years apart in their release date) doesn't carry much weight. For instance consider the topic we have here in BH: Avatar which criticizes as much as applauds Cameron's film (and provides comparisons with ANH written by the forum administrator herself).

If you browse through this forum you'll find that there are a wide variety of differing opinions amongst members which point out the strengths and weaknesses of both trilogies. None are exempt from criticism, and we generally hold all six films in high regard.

Whatever you experience in other forums isn't relative here. Any appearances or similarities isn't indicative of how we conduct ourselves at Blue Harvest.

--------------------

(\__/)
(O.o )

+Quote Post
Leiafan
post Mar 2 2010, 06:05 AM
Post #16

Regular Poster
Group Icon

QUOTE (Madison_rogue @ Mar 2 2010, 04:59 AM) *
I'm glad we got that out of the way. However, I have to ask why weren't they supposed to be as good in these films as in other work in which they've acted?

Because the other work in which they've acted was more dependent on performances than the SW movies have been. No one signed onto SW, either the OT or the PT, because they felt it would give their acting chops a workout. They signed onto SW because they were TV actors looking to make the jump to the big screen (Mark Hamill, and to a lesser extent, Harrison Ford); because they respected Lucas's previous work on "American Graffiti" (Alec Guinness); because they were bigtime SW fans (Sam Jackson, Ewan McGregor); because they wanted to work with Lucas after having worked with his buddy Spielberg (Liam Neeson); or because they were an indie actor who wanted to appear in a high profile project (Natalie Portman).

Doesn't this speak more to writing, and directing, than the actual ability of the actors themselves?

Perhaps, but only insofar as it speaks to the fact that SW was never intended to be a showcase for actors.

And please don't tell me I am making excuses for SW or that you don't know what I'm talking about. You cannot seriously claim that you go to, say, an action movie expecting to see the same level of acting/dialogue/direction as you would expect to see in a character-oriented, dialogue-heavy drama...regardless of who the actors are.

Why should we have lowered expectations? Are you saying we should turn a blind eye, and automatically overlook inconsistencies, plotholes, and/or flaws just because it's labeled "Star Wars?"

In a sense. I mean, if you go to SW hoping to see fantastic acting and dialogue, you are looking in the wrong place. Lots of people don't like SW and don't get why it has such a devoted fanbase, for precisely that reason. As the saying goes, if you have to ask why people like SW, you will never know.

I never said SW didn't have its share of inconsistencies, plotholes, and/or flaws. But in that, it is hardly unique. Every movie ever released has them. And the EU has them in spades, but for some reason, we're supposed to overlook those...or at least, that's been my experience. The likes of Mara Jade and Kyp Durron becoming Jedi Masters in the NJO is inconsistent not just with the movies but with other EU books, but that's somehow OK. The creation of Bria "Mary Sue" Tharen is inconsistent with the movies and the other EU books, but that's OK. Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy is inconsistent with the movies, but that's OK...and subsequent books are inconsistent with both the movies and with Zahn's Thrawn trilogy, but that's OK.

I'm just asking because I get the impression that you feel we should hold these films to different criteria & standards over other works of a similar nature, and/or that we're uber critical of Lucas's prequels over his original trilogy. From my experience here, this is hardly the case.

It is from my experience here.

There's a 3% difference in Rotten Tomatoes ratings for all 3 films that you mentioned. So the criticism you claim is rather baseless.

Fair enough.

While I don't doubt you have run across critical reviews of ROTS compared to King Kong, the links I provide above give quite a different impression.

Including cowardly backpedaling reviews and general comments, which by the way critics did with regards to the other two prequels as well -- initially positive reviews magically turned into negative reviews once the backlash set in.

I also find the comparison between Avatar & ROTS (seeing that they're 4 and a half years apart in their release date) doesn't carry much weight.

How so? And critics went ape over the CGI in Saint Peter "The Great" Jackson's holy, perfect (boring, overrated) LOTR trilogy but slammed it in the PT, and they were released either the same year as each prequel or within a year or so of each prequel. Likewise for the CGI in "The Matrix," which was released a month before TPM.

What's interesting is that the CGI in TPM is 10 years old, yet it's still better than the CGI in many movies released as recently as last year -- "Wolverine," for instance.

For instance consider the topic we have here in BH: Avatar which criticizes as much as applauds Cameron's film (and provides comparisons with ANH written by the forum administrator herself).

Thanks for the link, I may take a look at that.

If you browse through this forum you'll find that there are a wide variety of differing opinions amongst members which point out the strengths and weaknesses of both trilogies. None are exempt from criticism, and we generally hold all six films in high regard.

No offense, but please don't make me laugh.

Whatever you experience in other forums isn't relative here. Any appearances or similarities isn't indicative of how we conduct ourselves at Blue Harvest.

*shrug*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Madison_rogue
post Mar 2 2010, 11:16 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (Leiafan @ Mar 1 2010, 11:05 PM) *
Perhaps, but only insofar as it speaks to the fact that SW was never intended to be a showcase for actors.

And please don't tell me I am making excuses for SW or that you don't know what I'm talking about. You cannot seriously claim that you go to, say, an action movie expecting to see the same level of acting/dialogue/direction as you would expect to see in a character-oriented, dialogue-heavy drama...regardless of who the actors are.

I expect Shakespeare every time I enter the movie theater. Nine times out of ten I'm greatly disappointed. Usually I blog about my disappointment on Facebook, and tag all my friends. They tell me to get over myself, and "get a life." I don't get it, and why they constantly criticize my complaints. I'm so misunderstood. No one understands.

In a sense. I mean, if you go to SW hoping to see fantastic acting and dialogue, you are looking in the wrong place. Lots of people don't like SW and don't get why it has such a devoted fanbase, for precisely that reason. As the saying goes, if you have to ask why people like SW, you will never know.

I never said SW didn't have its share of inconsistencies, plotholes, and/or flaws. But in that, it is hardly unique. Every movie ever released has them. And the EU has them in spades, but for some reason, we're supposed to overlook those...or at least, that's been my experience. The likes of Mara Jade and Kyp Durron becoming Jedi Masters in the NJO is inconsistent not just with the movies but with other EU books, but that's somehow OK. The creation of Bria "Mary Sue" Tharen is inconsistent with the movies and the other EU books, but that's OK. Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy is inconsistent with the movies, but that's OK...and subsequent books are inconsistent with both the movies and with Zahn's Thrawn trilogy, but that's OK.

Edited for topic relevancy.

I could swear you have an entire topic in "Star Wars Books" dedicated to bitching about Mara Jade...I mean...a topic dedicated to the unfair treatment of Leia Organa Solo in the EU.

Look, here it is: http://forum.blueharvest.net/index.php?s=&...st&p=448962

It is from my experience here.

What experience can you claim in this forum? In three and a half years you've managed to eek out a mere 266 posts, primarily in "Prequels." You don't participate with us regardless of the countless occasions members and moderators have personally invited you to become a part of this community. You have chosen otherwise.

You have instead chosen to waltz in here every 3-6 months guns-a-blazin' specifically to vent frustrations you can't get away with in other forums. I've seen how you act in those forums, and moderators and administrators don't put up with it. A simple Google search (hate Mara Jade) links to topics you've authored in other forums on the first page. That's a remarkable achievement. Your work speaks for itself, and you should be proud.

How so? And critics went ape over the CGI in Saint Peter "The Great" Jackson's holy, perfect (boring, overrated) LOTR trilogy but slammed it in the PT, and they were released either the same year as each prequel or within a year or so of each prequel. Likewise for the CGI in "The Matrix," which was released a month before TPM.

"Saint Peter 'The Great' Jackson" for teh lulz

At least you're directing your hate towards someone who actually exists, instead of a fictional character in SW "professional fanfiction" like Mara Jade.

BTW...the BH LOTR fan club called. They asked me to personally thank you for your ongoing efforts to alienate them (considering that's 3/4 of the active members of Blue Harvest).

Thanks for the link, I may take a look at that.

Doubtful, based on your own post history, and considering it doesn't give you the opportunity to bash Sir Peter Jackson (although now that I've called you out on it, you might actually check it out and gripe about James Cameron instead).

No offense, but please don't make me laugh.

Yet it is the best medicine...I prescribe you two doses of hysterical laughter.

*shrug*

About the reaction I'd expect.

Why don't you take your trolling and flamebaiting elsewhere? It's not welcome here anymore.

--------------------

(\__/)
(O.o )

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2018 - 04:56 AM