> Signature Size Issue, Request.
Bane
post Apr 16 2007, 11:33 AM
Post #1

Flying into a cave full of Mynocks
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Patron
Member No.: 1,106

This is all I seem to be talking about in this topic, but I was wondering if I could request a change in the maximum size of a signature. I seem to be unable to put any of my desired signature images up, and when resized, these images don't look right. As a result, I'm now using userbars which although cool, aren't the most creative thing on the web. I'm not asking for a full half page signature limit, but something like 500 pixels wide by 150 pixels tall seems to be okay when I test it on Paint. I don't want to seem pedantic and almost ungrateful, but I just wanted to suggest it. smilesmall.gif

Thanks,
Bane
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blue Harvest
post Apr 16 2007, 12:30 PM
Post #2

Hoopy frood who knows where her towel is
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Council (Admin)
Member No.: 1

300x100 pixels is the universal standard for sig images. So I could possibly consider upping the height from 60 to 100.... BUT (and this is a big one) signatures in this forum already tend to be waaaaay over sized, with text.

I don't want to block people's creativity but there has to be a line drawn somewhere. That's why sig images are limited to 590x60.

The banners being limited in height compensates a little bit for those people who

use a lot

of text

o?°`°?o in many rows o?°`°?o

in their signatures.

wink.gif

--------------------
I have a question about voodoo:
If one half of a pair of identical twins has acupuncture... is the other twin in serious trouble?

"Of all the things I've lost. I miss my mind the most." - Ozzy

+Quote Post
Bane
post Apr 16 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

I know what you mean, but maybe there could be a universal limit for text and images. This way you can enforce on people that like to have large text in their signatures.

+Quote Post
Corde
post May 1 2007, 06:26 PM
Post #4

On Corellia in Han's old home
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 1,844

on the topic of sig problems, i tried to upload a file pic from my computer and it said that an error occured and that it hadn't uploaded. i've uploaded pics from my computer for avas before. so whats the problem?

--------------------
The King and his men stole the Queen from her bed, and bound her in her bones. The seas be ours, and by the powers, Where we will, we'll roam.
Yo ho, all hands, hoist the colours high. Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die.
Some men have died and some are alive and others sail on the sea – with the keys to the cage... and the devil to pay we lay to Fiddler's Green. The bell has been raised from it's watery grave... Do you hear it's sepulchral tone? We are a call to all, pay head the squall and turn your sail toward home. Yo ho, all together, Hoist the colours high. Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die.

+Quote Post
Bane
post May 14 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Try using a URL to an image, and double check it's within size limits.

Just chasing up my request, is there any chances that this could be done please? I know it's slightly nagging and I could manage without it upping, but I've grown complacent with larger images (not much larger mind you) in my signatures.

+Quote Post
ForceOfTHX
post May 17 2007, 03:38 AM
Post #6

Rookie Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,448

I save the picture to the (photo bucket) than copy the link into the space provided for direct links for avatars. Same with signatures I try to keep the signature small as possible and within the requirements of the forums.

I think where lucky here I mean I’ve been on some sites no names mentioned where the avatar is 50 x 50 and you really need a magnifying glass to see it. smilehuge.gif

--------------------

Hay down there have you got the 70mm prints?

Star Wars 30th anniversary 1977 2007, A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…

+Quote Post
Sk8t3r
post May 17 2007, 06:23 AM
Post #7

Steel Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 747

QUOTE (ForceOfTHX @ May 17 2007, 03:38 PM)
I’ve been on some sites no names mentioned where the avatar is 50 x 50 and you really need a magnifying glass to see it. smilehuge.gif

OMG, 50 by 50! thinking.gif

Jesus Christ! shockedbig.gif

That is a Tiny Winy Avi size! eyeball.gif

I will probably flood the Site Ownerz PM Inbox will spams telling him/her to increase the size! paranoid.gif

Then i will probably get banned from that site for spamming, who cares! confused.gif

I like everything to be big e.g. like mah brain! tounge.gif winkgrin.gif toungewink.gif

I wish brains comes in bigger size e.g. Extra Large! blush.gif smilehuge.gif wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snotrocket
post Jun 17 2007, 05:01 AM
Post #8

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Group: Padawan
Member No.: 2,498

QUOTE (Jessica @ May 16 2007, 09:23 PM)
I wish brains comes in bigger size e.g. Extra Large! blush.gif smilehuge.gif wink.gif

Yeah our Mcdonalds has those... in the burgers! Surprised yours doesn't, I thought they had them in all th Mcydees eyeball.gif .

I think this subject should be taken to a poll! I don't exactly know how big those are since I'm not breakin out paint and I haven't messed with sigs really but I do think there should be a limit on writing space. I know freedom of speech and say whatever you want but is entire dialogue neccisary? A couple quetes, good, a pic, good, a pic having a short word, phrase or NAME is awsome but having an entire dialogue written in the "sig" space I think is not cool. They could write it in their avatar, there's enough room but sigs are meant for art and a sig or saying. I am aware that non of this is even popular vote and it's all my oppinion which should be rejected if disliked so don't be a playa hata. Or a ninja turtle.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2018 - 04:45 AM