> Qui-Gon Should've..
sith-yoda
post Apr 17 2012, 09:58 PM
Post #1

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 1,007

Every time I watch the prequel trilogy, I always wish Qui-Gon would have been in them all. It would have made everything so much more dramatic. In AotC, he could have fought Count Dooku with Obi-Wan and Ankakin and it would've been neat because Yoda was Dooku's master, Dooku was Qui-Gon's master, then Obi-Wan and Anakin. It would have been cool to see that, even though it would have been a little bit unfair towards Dooku. It would have been interesting just to see the line of succession. Then in RotS, when Mace and the other Jedi go to arrest Sidious, they could have put Qui-Gon in that entire scene in Mace's place. It would've been neat to see Anakin do the same thing to Qui-Gon that he did to Mace, instead. It would make Anakin's transformation into Darth Vader even more meaningful and tragic because he's not only betraying the jedi and the republic as a whole, but the man that brought him out of slavery and recognized him for what he was and essentially put him on the path to becoming a Jedi and eventually, a Sith. Just my two cents on that. What do you guys think?

--------------------
You'll never be strong enough to make time stand still.

"Who's scruffy lookin'?!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Master
post Apr 21 2012, 08:51 PM
Post #2

Frozen in Carbonite on Slave 1
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,532

I totally agree. The prequels could be so much better with Qui-Gon. He is a marvellous character and Liam Nisson is a gorgeous actor. But sadly, Episode I killed two greatest characters from the new trilogy.

--------------------
THE FOLLOW-UP FORUM to BH:
blue-harvest.co.uk

Married to anya_skywalker

"It is known that there are infinite number of worlds, simply because there is infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so average population of all planets in Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that population of whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of deranged imagination."
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Master was here (12.10.16)

+Quote Post
sith-yoda
post Apr 22 2012, 01:16 PM
Post #3

Regular Poster
Group Icon

If one of the characters you mean is Darth Maul, they actually just revived him back into the universe with the last couple episodes of the clone wars and it wasn't too bad actually. (and yeah, "officially" revived him I guess. I know they brought him back in the comics and stuff, but I'm not sure if that was actually canon.) and about the clone wars show. I know alot of people don't like it because it seemed too childish, but the show gets more dark and serious in tone as the show moves along for the most part. The second half of the 3rd season and most of the 4th are pretty spectacular in my opinion. I would recommend it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Master
post Apr 22 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

I know that they've revived him, but I don't approve of it. The Clone Wars is a joke, and I can't honestly advise it to anyone. It's not only childish, but it also is utterly stupid. For me, Maul is dead, he's better that way smile.gif

--------------------
blue-harvest.co.uk

"It is known that there are infinite number of worlds, simply because there is infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so average population of all planets in Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that population of whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of deranged imagination."

+Quote Post
sith-yoda
post Apr 22 2012, 02:15 PM
Post #5

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Well, to each their own, I guess smile.gif But man, I wish I had a time machine to talk some sense into the big GL and make him keep Qui-Gon throughout the PT. It's a shame. I could've done with less Jar-Jar too.. I mean.. what was he thinking when he wrote TPM? confusedbig.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Master
post Apr 22 2012, 08:18 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

I heard Liam Nisson had a contract for 3 films. confusedsmall.gif what made Lucas change his mind? I just don't get it.

--------------------
blue-harvest.co.uk

+Quote Post
darthnecrum
post Jun 8 2012, 05:22 PM
Post #7

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 431

Yep, you've made a real good point there.. Qui Gon would have been great if he'd stuck around

And maybe we could have gotten a better explanation as to how the whole afterlife Jedi spirit thing works

I share your love of the CW series sith yoda but I respect how others don't, there's a galaxy of opinions out there

--------------------
I HAD a bad feeling about this, but now I take ZOLOFT :D

Married to: The Dark Side

Happy to be an Irregular Poster/Lurker

Don't you die on me BH

+Quote Post
Darth Bane
post Sep 20 2013, 09:58 PM
Post #8

Junior Poster
Group Icon

Group: Padawan
Member No.: 1,333

Liam Neeson is a terrific actor, but here Lucas stuck to his guns and kept Obi-wan as Anakin's teacher. Of course, if Qui-gonn had been his mentor, it might have been a very different galaxy. Speaking of the other 2 prequel movies, when are they due to be released in the theaters again? 'Menace has been released in 3D, but what is the story with the others? Looking forward to them.

+Quote Post
Darth Bane
post Sep 20 2013, 09:59 PM
Post #9

Junior Poster
Group Icon

Group: Padawan
Member No.: 1,333

Liam Neeson is a terrific actor, but here Lucas stuck to his guns and kept Obi-wan as Anakin's teacher. Of course, if Qui-gonn had been his mentor, it might have been a very different galaxy. Speaking of the other 2 prequel movies, when are they due to be released in the theaters again? 'Menace has been released in 3D, but what is the story with the others? Looking forward to them.

+Quote Post
jedimasterskid
post Sep 26 2013, 10:53 AM
Post #10

Can't bribe me with money, can't shower me with shame.
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,317

Since Disney bought Star Wars they have cancelled a lot of things that were coming out (i.e Clone wars, 1313) so expect AOTC and ROTS not to be in 3D at the cinemas because Disney won't get any money from it at all.

--------------------

Master who trained me- Firey
Wife- Firey(16/3/2008)

Greenangel is legend
For those who don't know....now you know~Zacky Vengence

Death to Twitter/Myspace/Facebook

Jedi-masters.co.uk RIP

+Quote Post
darthnecrum
post Dec 23 2013, 05:23 PM
Post #11

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 431

Hi Jedimasterskid smilesmall.gif

I agree with how Disney wouldn't make any money out of releasing the prequels in 3D but out of curiosity why would that be?

--------------------
I HAD a bad feeling about this, but now I take ZOLOFT :D

Married to: The Dark Side

Happy to be an Irregular Poster/Lurker

Don't you die on me BH

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 11:22 AM