> Emperor's Line in RotJ
Rebel_A96
post Jun 19 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #1

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 884

So while making my bed and easing off boredom, I started saying RotJ lines in my head. Well for some reason I never caught this before. In the throne room Vader says to the Emperor that he felt his son on Endor.

The Emperor replies, "Strange that I have not." After Vader assures the Emperor that his feelings are clear and a couple more lines after that Vader is confused and asks, "He will come to me?" Then Palpatine says, "I have foreseen it...."

How could Palpatine have foreseen something if he didn't know Luke was on the planet in the first place? Doesn't make sense to me. confusedsmall.gif So what's up with that?

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jedimasterskid
post Jun 20 2013, 07:24 PM
Post #2

Can't bribe me with money, can't shower me with shame.
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,317

I think what is meant from that line is that The Emperor has foreseen Luke going to Vader at some point in the future. Whether it be in ROTJ or after it before the events he knew he would but the when and where were unknown.

--------------------

Master who trained me- Firey
Wife- Firey(16/3/2008)

Greenangel is legend
For those who don't know....now you know~Zacky Vengence

Death to Twitter/Myspace/Facebook

Jedi-masters.co.uk RIP

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Jul 7 2013, 10:15 PM
Post #3

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Member No.: 884

Ah, okay. That makes more sense, thanks jedimasterskid!

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post
Arca Hejaran
post Sep 15 2013, 09:24 PM
Post #4

On Corellia in Han's old home
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,143

As the Emperor hasn't the emotional bond to Luke Vader has (and is up to great schemes anyway), he didn't feel the presence of Luke like Vader did, but as Skid said he has forseen Luke to confront Vader in the (near) future.

--------------------

My former master: thedarkwarrior II
My padawan: ~R2D2_owns_us_all
I'm a proud BH irregular!

Married to my love, greenangel.
Greenangel is legend

Ballroom Blitz

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th February 2018 - 05:34 AM