Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What do we want to see in the new trilogy?, our wishes
What do we want to see in the new trilogy?
Bletties choose
Thrawn trilogy [ 2 ] ** [22.22%]
Yuuzhan Vong invasion [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
The Legacy of the Force series [ 1 ] ** [11.11%]
the X-Wing series [ 1 ] ** [11.11%]
Anything, I just want to see SW again [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Anything, just don't destroy the EU [ 5 ] ** [55.56%]
I don't want to see the new films [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Who must be the main characters?
The old gang (Han, Leia, Luke ...) [ 5 ] ** [55.56%]
Jasen Solo [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Wedge Antilles [ 1 ] ** [11.11%]
Ben Skywalker [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Cade Skywalker [ 2 ] ** [22.22%]
a different character [ 1 ] ** [11.11%]
Total Votes: 9
Guests cannot vote 
Master
post Nov 28 2012, 10:16 PM
Post #1

Frozen in Carbonite on Slave 1
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 1,532

Well, like it or not, but the new films are unavoidable. Some people say "leave SW alone" and some people are really excited about the prospect of another trilogy. Personally I'll be just ecstatic to see something from the EU. What about other Bletties?

--------------------
THE FOLLOW-UP FORUM to BH:
blue-harvest.co.uk

Married to anya_skywalker

"It is known that there are infinite number of worlds, simply because there is infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so average population of all planets in Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that population of whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of deranged imagination."
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Master was here (12.10.16)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
paul73
post Jan 27 2013, 05:43 AM
Post #2

Power Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,428

I imagine they will basically ignore the EU, considering that's what LucasFilm has done in the past. I'm not a fan of the EU; I read the Thrawn books, one of the Corellian books, the bounty hunter book and that's about it. I thought they were okay, but not great.

The decision to give the job of director to J.J. Abrams probably had a lot to do with the fact that he ressurected the Star Trek franchise. Although he did a pretty good job of having someone else play Captain Kirk, Spock and the rest of the crew of the Enterprise, I hope he doesn't try the same thing with Star Wars's main characters (I can't imagine anyone else playing Han Solo, can you?).

If they do bring back Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher or any of the original cast, I doubt they will play major roles - they need young blood, especially for major action characters like the Jedi. Considering Wedge didn't have a major role in episodes 4-6, I doubt he will have a major role in 7-9. I think they would be wise to create new characters, and bring back R2D2 and C3PO.

As far as the plot goes, I think they should drop the whole Empire idea and start off fresh with something new. Considering the Empire was holding the galaxy together in basically a police state, and before the Empire the galaxy was split between the Republic and the Separatists, it would make sense to have the galaxy split into different states. It might even be interesting to see some exploration of other galaxies (maybe even make a connection to a galaxy with a little blue planet that's far, far away!).

Abrams must be sweating, thinking about the job he has ahead of him of directing (writing?) the story and living up to the legacy of Star Wars!

Here's the key question: why are they making more Star Wars films? I have a feeling it's to make more money. period. If that's the case, I'm afraid it's going to suck. I'm also afraid that under the banner of Disney, it's going to be softened-up even worse than Episode 1 - I'm not a huge fan of Disney's live-action films (Pirates of the Caribbean being the exception). I hope my intuitions are incorrect.

+Quote Post
Jedi Gurl
post Jun 11 2013, 10:25 PM
Post #3

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,395

I'm hoping they don't ignore the EU. Because they need the die hard fans to commit to these movies and alot of the die hard fans who also love the EU would hate to see the movies contradict what happens in the books.

I do have alot of faith in JJ Abrams and Disney, it's the story I'm worried about. I know they don't want to copy the novels, but if they atleast run along the same line. For example if you do the Legacy of the force era then have Jacen turn to the darkside, but in a different way then in the novels.

But the things I'm most excited to see are the EU characters. I want to see Jacen and Jaina, Mara, Corran, maybe even Jag and/or Zekk. Seeing some of these characters would put me at ease. It would show me that they are still taking the EU seriously, even if the stories don't match.

As for the thrawn trilogy I've believed for years they should make them into a new trilogy. But I know the chances of Lucasfilm deciding to just totally copy them are slim. They already said that they wouldn't copy the novels and that they wouldn't recast the original characters, and you would need to recast them.

Most of all I just want to see Mara Jade, whether she'll be about to die, or just meeting Luke for the first time. I just want my favorite character brought out of the books and put in a movie. tounge.gif

--------------------

My padawan is Alderaan Princess and I'm happily married to Ninja Boy.
Why do people say "Life's a bitch" because if it was a slut it'd be easy.
I'm such a loser my FISH tried to runaway.
Jedi Gurl loves her Ninja Boy
Life is like watching Star Wars, if you spend too much time crying cuz uncle Owen and aunt Beru died, you'll miss the ewok celebration.
Peace, Love, and Red Pants!!

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Jun 17 2013, 01:32 AM
Post #4

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Member No.: 884

I would really like to see them turn the Thrawn trilogy into a movie. Or the X-wing series cause you can play a bunch of characters; I really like some of the EU so I'm hoping they go in that direction.

As for your second question, I'm not sure who they should bring back. I just hope if they bring Jacen back, they don't have him as Darth Caedus. I really liked Jacen's character and didn't like how they made him the bad guy. As for Luke, Han, and Leia, that'd be great but they're older now, so unless the person can pull it off and play them or they reprise their roles, I don't know who they're going to choose.

I also hope it's live action, is that the right word? It better not be animation, I don't know why but I want to see it in live action with actors and actresses in the role, not some voice behind an animated character. And I hope it's a good film and they don't ruin the franchise. The Clone Wars movie was horrible, so I'm hoping this one will come out well. J.J. Abrams did a fantastic job for ST, so I'm hoping he'll bring his magic with him to the SWU.

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post
*LeiaOrgana*
post Mar 4 2014, 10:16 AM
Post #5

May the 4th, be with you!
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Master (Mod)
Member No.: 952

I checked X-Wing and Wedge, just because I enjoyed what I read of the series/character so much. And because there was no checkbox for Corran Horn and/or Mirax Terrik. I'm a big time 'shipper.

But reading your comments -- Mara Jade it is! It would be so awesome to see that! cool.gif

--------------------
Carol Hathaway: You're a med student?
Abby Lockhart: What can I say? I crossed over to the Dark Side.

a cool banner Liyina made for me | George Lucas in Love

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2018 - 02:20 AM