carlsson
post Feb 6 2005, 10:36 PM
Post #82

Silver Poster
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 935

QUOTE (Tonedeaf @ Feb 2 2005, 11:26 AM)
Yes, many homes have saunas, but ours was so small, that we threw it out and built this computer room instead.

Depending on how many computers you have running at the same time, you may achieve the sauna effect in there even without the radiator. I'm not sure if Sofia was into SdU (the computer section at the student union) already in the fall '95, but back then we used to stay in a very small room known as "skrubben", the cubby-hole. We had about four computers w/ screens turned on, and there was room for about five people. If you squeezed more people inside, it became a veritable sauna (not to mention the smell!).

Wrestlers and similar people sometimes put on a wet suit (!) and go into the sauna to do a tough cycling exercise for a few hours in order to lose some weight before the weigh-in at big competitions. I suppose they mainly get dehydrated while doing so, but everything weighs. Personally I can not stand more than a few minutes in a sauna, at least not in my younger days and I haven't tried for the last decade.

--------------------
___
<*,*>
Anders Carlsson
[`-]
-"-"-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tonedeaf
post Feb 7 2005, 10:02 AM
Post #83

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Group: Ghost Jedi (Ex-Mod)
Member No.: 840

So, what you're saying is that if I just put a wet suit on I still have a sauna? laugh.gif

--------------------
...there appears to be snails in my escargots....

+Quote Post
Leia_
post Aug 4 2008, 04:19 PM
Post #84

protector of the cats
Group Icon

Group: Ghost Jedi (Ex-Mod)
From: ...and when you asked for light, I set myself on fire
Member No.: 344

QUOTE (Leia_ @ Apr 11 2004, 08:51 PM)
And he was a guest in a local tv show, and he was asked what he thinks about Bulgaria's capital - Budapest, and he said "yeah I've been there, it is full of stray dogs, donkeys, ther eis no electricity... etc" ... The "expert" didn't even know the name of the contry's capital!!! And mistook it for Romania's capital. And he wanted to be a president....

Sorry for bringing the thread back up, everyone.

It looks like I ain't no president material myself. Or a reporter material for that matter.

blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif

Since that happened years ago, I am not sure if the guy was asked about Bucharest or Budapest. It is most likely he talked about Bucharest, and that's why I remembered Romania, but made a stupid typing mistake, or he was talking about Budapest but I was thinking of Romania at the time. Or maybe I confused Budapest with Bucharest.

Anyway, I am really sorry to anyone who got confused [slash] offended by this.

blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif

I'm sorry blush.gif

p.s. that does not change my opinion on that matter though and does not change the main argument I had - the guy, who claimed to be an expert has a little less room for making such errors than me. Still, that doesn't make my ignorance or inability to type and double-check what I had written magically disappear. Once again, I stand corrected.

--------------------

Did you lose yourself way out there? Did you get to be a star?
Have I told you that I loved you today?
And don't it make you sad to know that life is more than who we are?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2018 - 08:44 AM