Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Russian: разговоры на любые темы :), We will have fun :)
Master
post Jul 24 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #281

Frozen in Carbonite on Slave 1
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 1,532

So, you derive стараюсь from старание? I understand the -ю, but not the -юсь. Maybe I should try another, more detailed grammar book.

Стараюсь - present continuous from стараться.
Стараться - verb, старание - noun.

Understand?

--------------------
THE FOLLOW-UP FORUM to BH:
blue-harvest.co.uk

Married to anya_skywalker

"It is known that there are infinite number of worlds, simply because there is infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so average population of all planets in Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that population of whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of deranged imagination."
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Master was here (12.10.16)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
carlsson
post Jul 24 2006, 04:11 PM
Post #282

Silver Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 935

Yes, of course. And when I try hard to finish my studies, I will постараться? (which can not be in presens, only infinitive, preteritum and futurum)

By the way, one of the hardest things for me to remember back then was when a soft (ь) or more unusual hard sign (ъ) should go into the word.

--------------------
___
<*,*>
Anders Carlsson
[`-]
-"-"-

+Quote Post
Master
post Jul 24 2006, 04:24 PM
Post #283

Group Icon

I will постараться? (which can not be in presens, only infinitive, preteritum and futurum

I will постараюсь. Я постараюсь. Or "Я буду стараться".

By the way, one of the hardest things for me to remember back then was when a soft (ь) or more unusual hard sign (ъ) should go into the word.

Yes, that IS hard...

--------------------
blue-harvest.co.uk

"It is known that there are infinite number of worlds, simply because there is infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so average population of all planets in Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that population of whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of deranged imagination."

+Quote Post
carlsson
post Jul 24 2006, 08:20 PM
Post #284

Silver Poster
Group Icon

Aha, now I know from where -сь or -ся comes; it is a reflexive verb form.

Сегодня вечером Я послал одно письмо к УСА. Я должен заявлял таможня! Потом Я купил карта память на моя дигиталей камера.

What I tried to say above:

Tonight I sent a letter to the USA. I had to declare toll! Then I bought a memory card for my digital camera.

Obviously my pocket dictionary made in the 1970's and revised in 1990 doesn't list words like memory card or digital camera, so I tried to make those up. smile.gif Probably there is a lot of grammar one would like to fix.

--------------------
___
<*,*>
Anders Carlsson
[`-]
-"-"-

+Quote Post
Master
post Jul 25 2006, 06:45 AM
Post #285

Group Icon

Good try!

Tonight I sent a letter to the USA. I had to declare toll! Then I bought a memory card for my digital camera.

Сегодня вечером Я послал одно письмо к УСА. Я должен заявлял таможня! Потом Я купил карта память на моя дигиталей камера

Сегодня вечером я послал одно письмо (you said it perfect) в США. If you say "должен" (must) so you must say "заявлять", why after "must" you wrote a past simple?
Потом я купил карту памяти на мою цифровую камеру.

--------------------
blue-harvest.co.uk

+Quote Post
carlsson
post Jul 25 2006, 10:05 AM
Post #286

Silver Poster
Group Icon

Cool. You're right, I should use infinitive form after "must", even when talking about the past. I tried to look up USA, but I looked at the wrong place. Соединённые Штаты Америки.

So, digital is "numeric" in Russian? Makes sense, why borrow new words when the old ones fill the same purpose.

--------------------
___
<*,*>
Anders Carlsson
[`-]
-"-"-

+Quote Post
Master
post Jul 25 2006, 10:19 AM
Post #287

Group Icon

Yup. smilesmall.gif
Try to translate that:

I like to translate English to Russian. That's so interesting! (that must be simple for you)

--------------------
blue-harvest.co.uk

+Quote Post
carlsson
post Jul 25 2006, 12:47 PM
Post #288

Silver Poster
Group Icon

Я люблю переводить английский яазык к русский яазык. Это так интересный.

--------------------
___
<*,*>
Anders Carlsson
[`-]
-"-"-

+Quote Post
Master
post Jul 25 2006, 02:22 PM
Post #289

Group Icon

Я люблю переводить с английского языка на русский. Это так интересно!

--------------------
blue-harvest.co.uk

+Quote Post
Putns
post Oct 16 2008, 08:09 PM
Post #290

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Group: Padawan
Member No.: 1,584

Удар. Смотрите, кто вернулся. smilehuge.gif

--------------------
Definite Sibling Of Master.
Definite Sibling Of Zhangi Mandalore.

+Quote Post
Zhangi Mandalore
post Feb 10 2009, 09:38 PM
Post #291

Rookie Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,617

wow... long time no see
Ух ты

--------------------
yoy

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2018 - 08:44 AM