Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bad manners?, What is considered rude in your country?
Ceridwen
post Jul 11 2006, 06:15 PM
Post #41

Self-employed Nerf Herder
Group Icon

Group: Ghost Jedi Patron (Ex-Mod)
Member No.: 742

QUOTE (Obi_have @ Jul 11 2006, 06:01 PM)
I spit out the window of my car sometimes because I get really phlegmy. (Too much information, right?) But that is really rude to glare at someone and spit. I hope you kicked her in the shin. tounge.gif

Well I spit sometimes to , I mean you have to right? tounge.gif
But I'm not gonna tell you when and why I spit because..... uhm never mind confusedsmall.gif

Well I did kick her in the chin actually and I kicked her hubby in the *beep*

In my mind that is, but damn it was good! tounge.gif

In reality I let her know what I thought about such behaviour which I wont post here because there are children present evil.gif

Obi_have:
My personal favorite response to "How are you" is to say, "Frankly that's none of your business and I'd appreciate it if you stayed out of my personal affairs."

tearlaugh.gif

I would love to use that just to see the look on the persons face smilehuge.gif

--------------------
“Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
carlsson
post Jul 11 2006, 10:05 PM
Post #42

Silver Poster
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 935

Maybe she had developed some weird form of superstition. Other people spit when they see a black cat passing the road, she spits when she sees someone in an electric scooter. cheeky.gif

--------------------
 ___
<*,*>
Anders Carlsson
[`-´]
-"-"-

+Quote Post
Obi_have
post Jul 11 2006, 11:01 PM
Post #43

Wondering why TK-421 isn't at his post
Group Icon

Group: Bantha Poodoo (banned/deleted)
Member No.: 1,196

Maybe she was chewing tobacco? You have to spit every now and then in that case to avoid getting sick.

--------------------
What's playing at my myspace today?
Superdrag ~ Sucked Out

+Quote Post
Ceridwen
post Jul 11 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #44

Group Icon

QUOTE (carlsson @ Jul 11 2006, 10:05 PM)
Maybe she had developed some weird form of superstition. Other people spit when they see a black cat passing the road, she spits when she sees someone in an electric scooter. cheeky.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yeah maybe I should haunt her! cheeky.gif Then perhaps she'll take every precaution there is... spit, salt knock on wood etc

Or maybe she was just greeting me. I heard or read somewhere that beeing spit at is actually considered a great honor is some places of the world.

Maybe she was chewing tobacco. In that case I'm really glad she didn't spit directly at me....

--------------------
“Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong"

+Quote Post
Ceridwen
post Jul 16 2006, 11:36 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

*pokes topic* confusedsmall.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Obi_have
post Jul 17 2006, 12:34 AM
Post #46

Group Icon

Topic: Hey! Quit poking me!

tounge.gif

--------------------
Superdrag ~ Sucked Out

+Quote Post
Leia_
post Jul 17 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #47

protector of the cats
Group Icon

Group: Ghost Jedi (Ex-Mod)
From: ...and when you asked for light, I set myself on fire
Member No.: 344

QUOTE (Ceridwen @ Jul 11 2006, 06:54 PM)
Leeeeeeeeeia_!!!!!!!!!!!!!! w00t.gif

It's sooo goood to see you! *hugs* How are you? I got your e-mail! Thank you! satisfied.gif I will answer it ASAP

*shocked*

Haha, you stressed me out girl, don't ever do that!@

*spits in her chest*

*is eyeballed by ceri for spitting*

what???
smilesmall.gif)))
It's a common thing here and I didn't mean thinthing against you tounge.gif

*hugs*

But I still can't belive what the woman did next. She glared at me and then she spit on the ground. I don't know if her spitting had anything to do with me but I still found it extremely offensive, rude and plain out discusting.  angry.gif  thinking.gif

People do that all the time and I am surprised not only in Bulgaria... I hate it when they do that - just spit a few feet from you. Graaaaaah!!!

I call it - "lack of manners" but it is soooo ugly.

*hugs*

--------------------

Did you lose yourself way out there? Did you get to be a star?
Have I told you that I loved you today?
And don't it make you sad to know that life is more than who we are?

+Quote Post
Sirquirkalot
post Aug 19 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #48

On Corellia in Han's old home
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,677

Im in England, what isnt rude? tounge.gif

--------------------
Wow, check this place ey?

+Quote Post
Corde
post Aug 20 2006, 07:16 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,844

here it's illegal to spit in public
i think thats kinnda wierd eyeball.gif

--------------------
The King and his men stole the Queen from her bed, and bound her in her bones. The seas be ours, and by the powers, Where we will, we'll roam.
Yo ho, all hands, hoist the colours high. Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die.
Some men have died and some are alive and others sail on the sea – with the keys to the cage... and the devil to pay we lay to Fiddler's Green. The bell has been raised from it's watery grave... Do you hear it's sepulchral tone? We are a call to all, pay head the squall and turn your sail toward home. Yo ho, all together, Hoist the colours high. Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die.

+Quote Post
swgfboy
post Aug 20 2006, 09:59 PM
Post #50

On Naboo in Amidala's throne room
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,812

The one law here in Nebraska that truly is stupid and isn't enforced is that Every house in the state of Nebraska must have a hitching post in the front lawn. It's also illegal here to mow your lawn without a shirt on if u have a hairy chest but that one isn't enforced either.

--------------------
Brassel: Your report says that Ms. Farris was beyond capable, does that still stand Mr. Hunt?
Hunt: It's unacceptable that you're judging Ms. Farris' abilities on-
Brassel: It's unacceptable that chocolate makes you fat but i've had my share and guess what.

+Quote Post
Obi_have
post Aug 20 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #51

Group Icon

QUOTE (swgfboy @ Aug 20 2006, 01:59 PM)
The one law here in Nebraska that truly is stupid and isn't enforced is that Every house in the state of Nebraska must have a hitching post in the front lawn.

Actually that is only law in the city of Omaha, not the entire state of Nebraska.

It's also illegal here to mow your lawn without a shirt on if u have a hairy chest but that one isn't enforced either.

I've also seen that in Nebraska a man is not allowed to run around with a shaved chest...How confusing, you can't have a hairy chest or a shaved chest....best to keep your shirt on then I guess. Of course my source for this information is probably not the most reliable...http://www.dumb.com/laws.htm. Some of these are really funny! tounge.gif

--------------------
Superdrag ~ Sucked Out

+Quote Post
swgfboy
post Aug 20 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #52

On Naboo in Amidala's throne room
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,812

Yea, that's where i get all of mine from. Did you know that they passed a law in NE so now anyone can carry a concealed weapon as long as they had a liscense. I could walk into church with a gun and no one would know the difference. I think that's actually pretty stupid.

--------------------
Brassel: Your report says that Ms. Farris was beyond capable, does that still stand Mr. Hunt?
Hunt: It's unacceptable that you're judging Ms. Farris' abilities on-
Brassel: It's unacceptable that chocolate makes you fat but i've had my share and guess what.

+Quote Post
Corde
post Aug 22 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

i think that depends on who you ask

--------------------
The King and his men stole the Queen from her bed, and bound her in her bones. The seas be ours, and by the powers, Where we will, we'll roam.
Yo ho, all hands, hoist the colours high. Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die.
Some men have died and some are alive and others sail on the sea – with the keys to the cage... and the devil to pay we lay to Fiddler's Green. The bell has been raised from it's watery grave... Do you hear it's sepulchral tone? We are a call to all, pay head the squall and turn your sail toward home. Yo ho, all together, Hoist the colours high. Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die.

+Quote Post
mara jade
post Aug 22 2006, 08:32 PM
Post #54

Gazing at the twin suns on Tatooine
Group Icon

Member No.: 405

QUOTE (Corde @ Aug 20 2006, 06:16 PM)
here it's illegal to spit in public
i think thats kinnda wierd eyeball.gif

i dont spit ever, i dont think it suits a girl kinda....and plus i wouldnt even like a guy who spits, it would kinda be a turn off....it can only pass on basebal players tounge.gif

--------------------
A day without mara jade is like a day without sunshine.

+Quote Post
Corde
post Aug 22 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #55

Group Icon

i don't spit either, and i think it's gross but once i did and i was on one of the air force bases and my firend was like, you know thats illegal right?
confusedsmall.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mara jade
post Aug 22 2006, 08:54 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

hehehehehe....imagine spending a night in jail cause you spat somewhere....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Corde
post Aug 22 2006, 08:57 PM
Post #57

Group Icon

yea, that would be deppressing!lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
mara jade
post Aug 22 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #58

Group Icon

and then you like get a criminal record for it and all.... confusedsmall.gif you get read you rights and stuff...hehe i doubt they do that, hey just make you pay right?

i would make a law where you would get a fine for throwing stuff on the streets and stuff...people here throw gum sometimes or something...i know my dad told me the streets in the US are so so clean and he wore new sneakers there for a month and it looked like they were just out of the store when he got home...and here you wear them twice and the sole is all dirty >.>

--------------------

+Quote Post
Corde
post Aug 22 2006, 09:18 PM
Post #59

Group Icon

yea streets are pretty clean here, at least where i live

--------------------

+Quote Post
JediWitch
post Sep 23 2006, 11:30 PM
Post #60

On Endor in the Ewok village
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,111

QUOTE (Corde @ Aug 22 2006, 08:38 PM)
i don't spit either, and i think it's gross but once i did and i was on one of the air force bases and my firend was like, you know thats illegal right?
confusedsmall.gif

Yeah, did you know that in San Diego, there is a long red line in Downtown near the naval base, and if you step on it, then you can be arrested. whatever.gif I remember this because i was there in 1999, and i stepped on it. blush.gif My mom was like, "Laura! Get off the line!" tounge.gif

--------------------
(Outdated!) Fanfiction deviantART
My Nerd Fandoms- Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lion King, Avatar ...and Monorail Cat :P

(From Clone Wars movie ad)
Anakin: I could use a little help!
Obi-Wan: Did you get shot down again?
Ahsoka: Yes!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2018 - 08:38 AM