> I'm looking forward to TPM in 3-D
Leiafan
post Oct 5 2010, 09:53 PM
Post #1

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 2,613

I'm glad that LFL is releasing the saga in 3-D starting with Episode 1. If nothing else, it will give them more time to work on adapting the OT movies for the 3-D format. I presume that the prequels are already 3-D adaptable, or at least, more so than the OT.

I haven't seen TPM on the big screen since 1999, and I haven't seen the OT movies on the big screen since their respective years of theatrical release. Although I'm not really all that big a fan of 3-D as a format, it'll be nice to see the prequels and then the OT movies on the big screen again.

--------------------
Darth Vader would snap Mara Jade's throat like a twig -- if she was even worth the effort
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Oct 6 2010, 12:57 AM
Post #2

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Member No.: 884

That would be cool to see the movies again in theaters, but I hate 3D movies. Not a fan of them at all, in fact I'm hoping to see Narnia 3 in 2D somewhere. Anyway whoever goes enjoy it!

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post
Master
post Oct 6 2010, 06:17 AM
Post #3

Frozen in Carbonite on Slave 1
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,532

That would be cool to see the movies again in theaters, but I hate 3D movies.

So true. You can't take the old films and make a decent 3D because you have to shot a 3D film right from the start.

But still, OT in theatres would be extra fun.

--------------------
THE FOLLOW-UP FORUM to BH:
blue-harvest.co.uk

Married to anya_skywalker

"It is known that there are infinite number of worlds, simply because there is infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so average population of all planets in Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that population of whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of deranged imagination."
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Master was here (12.10.16)

+Quote Post
Madison_rogue
post Oct 6 2010, 10:58 AM
Post #4

Standing beside myself to the nth degree
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Master (Mod)
Member No.: 1,159

QUOTE (Master @ Oct 6 2010, 12:17 AM) *
So true. You can't take the old films and make a decent 3D because you have to shot a 3D film right from the start.

But still, OT in theatres would be extra fun.

Agreed. While it's great they'll be in the theaters again, I don't think I'm going to go. I've spent a good chunk of change on SW, and I don't think a 3D movie is going to draw me out, regardless of the novelty.

--------------------

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. You got a problem with that?

+Quote Post
quinlan voss
post Oct 6 2010, 04:06 PM
Post #5

Flying casual in the Tyderium shuttle
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Master (Mod)
Member No.: 4,549

I completely agree. I don't know if the 3D will work but it will just be great to go and see all the SW films on the big screen again satisfied.gif

sw-rebel.gif

--------------------

"He will be our agent on their side."
"True, all this is. But dangerous this game is that Quinlan Vos plays—most of all for him. For that which you pretend to be, you may become."
―Tholme and Yoda.

"I am not part of the dark—simply deeper in the shadows."―Quinlan Vos.

"No more games, Lord Tyranus. No more pretending. I know who I am. I've made my choice. My name is Quinlan Vos and I am a Jedi."―Quinlan Vos to Dooku on Saleucami.

+Quote Post
Leiafan
post Oct 8 2010, 04:54 AM
Post #6

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,613

When I saw "Avatar," I found the 3-D glasses highly uncomfortable. But then, that movie was three hours long.

--------------------
Darth Vader would snap Mara Jade's throat like a twig -- if she was even worth the effort

+Quote Post
jedimasterskid
post Oct 8 2010, 08:17 PM
Post #7

Can't bribe me with money, can't shower me with shame.
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,317

Like all 3D films It will be only good for 10 minuets of the whole film.

TPM- The podrace will be good
AOTC- Jango and Obi-wan above Geonosis
ROTS- Opening scene of Battle over Coruscant
ANH- Death Star trench
ESB- Battle of Hoth
ROTJ- Over the great pit of Carcoon.

Maybe blaster fire in all films will be 3D and maybe Lightsabers but my mind always balnk it out.

But I will still go and see on the big screen again.

--------------------

Master who trained me- Firey
Wife- Firey(16/3/2008)

Greenangel is legend
For those who don't know....now you know~Zacky Vengence

Death to Twitter/Myspace/Facebook

Jedi-masters.co.uk RIP

+Quote Post
paul73
post Oct 9 2010, 08:11 PM
Post #8

Power Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,428

I agree with some of the other posters; I'm not a big fan of 3D, but I'd go just to see SW again. I won't see them each 2 or 3 times like I did the first time I saw each of them, but I will probably go at least once for each.

There seems to be a small trend right now of theatres showing older movies, and I like it. I tried to think the other day about all the older movies I'd like to see again, and SW was 6 of them.

+Quote Post
Jayce76
post Nov 17 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #9

New Poster
Group Icon

Group: Padawan
Member No.: 35,704

Star Wars is like pizza, I just ca'nt say no. Sounds fun.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2018 - 04:55 AM