> How many Jedi were there?
paul73
post Jun 7 2009, 09:52 PM
Post #1

Power Poster
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 1,428

I was just wondering how many Jedi were there in total before the battle of Geonosis in Ep. 2; after the battle; and then after Order 66 in Ep. 3?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Master
post Jun 8 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #2

Frozen in Carbonite on Slave 1
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,532

I know that there was a group of 212 Jedi on Geonosis and 179 died during the battle.

--------------------
THE FOLLOW-UP FORUM to BH:
blue-harvest.co.uk

Married to anya_skywalker

"It is known that there are infinite number of worlds, simply because there is infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so average population of all planets in Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that population of whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of deranged imagination."
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Master was here (12.10.16)

+Quote Post
master_palin
post Jun 9 2009, 03:57 PM
Post #3

Bronze Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

I think in total the Jedi ranks had dwindled down to only a few thousand. And Im sure the war took a toll on those numbers

--------------------
Pain Heals
Chicks dig Scars
Glory last forever

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Jun 9 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #4

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Member No.: 884

I would think there were a lot of Jedi before Genosis, but after that battle and Order 66, it went down to maybe in the 50's, say. I don't know for sure, sorry.

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post
master_palin
post Jun 11 2009, 03:21 PM
Post #5

Bronze Poster
Group Icon

Yea we don't have any official cannon numbers given for that time.. Or any time for that matter. Obi, Yoda, Shak ti, and I know about 3-5 others where known to have survived order 66. Officialy meaning its Cannon approved by GL etc.
But officialy by the time we get to ANH Vader had supposidly hunted down and killed all but Obi Wan and yoda.

--------------------
Pain Heals
Chicks dig Scars
Glory last forever

+Quote Post
Leiafan
post Jul 12 2009, 05:48 AM
Post #6

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,613

QUOTE (Rebel_A96 @ Jun 9 2009, 07:44 PM) *
I would think there were a lot of Jedi before Genosis, but after that battle and Order 66, it went down to maybe in the 50's, say. I don't know for sure, sorry.

As far as I know, the canon approved by GL says that there were exactly two Jedi left by the time of ANH: Obi Wan and Yoda, both of whom are in hiding. No other full-fledged Jedi shows up or makes his/her/its presence known during the OT.

I wonder if the live-action TV series, if it ever comes to fruition, will touch on the Jedi "stragglers." I think Lucas said that the series will center around characters who are entirely new, or only peripherally involved in the already-existing storyline.

--------------------
Darth Vader would snap Mara Jade's throat like a twig -- if she was even worth the effort

+Quote Post
jedimasterskid
post Jul 15 2009, 07:59 PM
Post #7

Can't bribe me with money, can't shower me with shame.
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,317

I read in some Star wars book that before Geonosis that there were 9000 Jedi in the order. My guess after Order 66 is there are a few hundred Jedi left. Those who survived it, those who left the Order during the time and those who had nothing to do with the war at all.

--------------------

Master who trained me- Firey
Wife- Firey(16/3/2008)

Greenangel is legend
For those who don't know....now you know~Zacky Vengence

Death to Twitter/Myspace/Facebook

Jedi-masters.co.uk RIP

+Quote Post
master_palin
post Jul 23 2009, 03:20 PM
Post #8

Bronze Poster
Group Icon

The problem with that is that the book is most likly part of the EU (extended universe) and there for not official. It was probably just the aurthor makeing up a number for the purpose of his story.

--------------------
Pain Heals
Chicks dig Scars
Glory last forever

+Quote Post
Darth Bane
post Aug 4 2009, 10:07 PM
Post #9

Junior Poster
Group Icon

Group: Padawan
Member No.: 1,333

And now for my 2 cents! I think, Shaak Ti was definitely one of those who died. If they had kept the deleted scene where Grievous stabs her through her torso, it would be undisputed cannon that she died. A lot of directors will film shots which they know in the back of their minds are "throwaway scenes" which will probably be dropped later. However, producer Rick McCallum said, the scene where Shaak Ti is slaughtered was always meant to be in the movie. It was one of the last scenes to be cut, when Lucas decided 'Sith' was still too long and the opening battle over Coruscant was almost half an hour long... As to how many Jedi were there in all? 9,000 sounds like a reliable figure. I think the novel version of 'Revenge of the Sith', said 10,000, but unless Lucas puts it in a movie, even that's not carved in stone. -Bob

+Quote Post
master_palin
post Aug 4 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #10

Bronze Poster
Group Icon

Well However because it was a deleted scene it never then officaly happened. And since the story for the Force Unleased is Official Cannon with GL stamp on it. ShakTi surrived order 66 and was killed by Vadars apprentice.

--------------------
Pain Heals
Chicks dig Scars
Glory last forever

+Quote Post
Darth Bane
post Sep 16 2009, 06:01 PM
Post #11

Junior Poster
Group Icon

I thought there were 10,000 Jedi. Unfortunately, I'm not certain of the source. I believe it was the book to 'Attack of the Clones'. When Master Windu is assembling Jedi to go to Geonosis, I think it mentioned there were 10,000 in all. However, I'm not sure the books are considered the final word.

What I'm looking for is a full list of all known Jedi. Wookiepedia had an alphabetical list of about 500 that are known by name. Now though, they've taken it off and I cannot find it. What they have it listed under I don't know. I'd really like to find it again, but I've typed several permutations of list of Jedi, list of all Jedi knights, etc. No luck. Anybody know? -Bob

+Quote Post
Madison_rogue
post Sep 16 2009, 07:08 PM
Post #12

Standing beside myself to the nth degree
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Master (Mod)
Member No.: 1,159

While I couldn't find a comprehensive list on Wookieepedia either, I did find this website

ROTS Jedi A-F

ROTS Jedi G-N

ROTS Jedi O-S

ROTS Jedi T-Z

So, I suppose this is where they got their original material, or this is where they moved the list. Wookieepedia seems to be a mess these days I must admit.

--------------------

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. You got a problem with that?

+Quote Post
Jaden
post Sep 18 2009, 02:54 PM
Post #13

New Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,693

10,000 in total for the entire galaxy seems a tad low. I suppose that's the point, though. winksmall.gif

+Quote Post
Darth Bane
post Sep 18 2009, 07:31 PM
Post #14

Junior Poster
Group Icon

With a little help from the 9 year old Anakin (at the time, an untrained Jedi), Qui-Gonn and Obi-wan freed an entire planet! When the Jedi throughout the galaxy don't have Sith to contend with, they can accomplish a great deal. So, only 10, 000 or so would seem to be enough. If that is indeed how many there are. -Bob

+Quote Post
Ebion cowey
post Sep 19 2009, 02:47 AM
Post #15

On Tatooine in the Mos Eisley Cantina
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,586

I'm not sure how many Jedi exactly but i believe there were thousands of Jedi (At least enough to protect the galaxy) before the events of TPM but they start to slowly but surly drop in number after Palatine gets in power greatly weakening them. Thats how Palatine managed to get permission to make an army. Also why the Jedi were so weak when the mass executions began. The battle of Genesis was probably intended to drop there number significantly.

--------------------
One can never have enough socks, Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a pair. People will insist on giving me books.-Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

"That is a secret!"-Xellos (Slayers)

"Tremble and despair, for I am Power!"-Pug/Milamber(Magician)

"Peace is but a shadow of death,
Desesperate to forget its painful past-Kuja (FF9)

There is no magic. There are only Onions-Nakor (Magician)

Easy now fuzzy little man peach.-Old Greg (Mighty boosh)

+Quote Post
Rebel Clone
post Jan 12 2010, 09:50 AM
Post #16

Junior Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,724

They are still out there. Living in exile, for the Empire took command.
Maybe after the empire fell and Luke restores the order some may come out of hiding?
Only our imaginations can continue that story.
Cause i dont read the books unless it was written by the man himself.

--------------------
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

+Quote Post
Zideric
post Jan 23 2010, 10:25 AM
Post #17

Junior Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,698

I think you can never be sure how many jedi there were exactly, because in every game, book, or movie, they make up a new jedi, a new sith or a new apprentice. They just dont want you to know how many there were, so they are free to play around with the story.

--------------------
No mercy for the weak, no pity for the dying, no tears for the slain!

+Quote Post
Rebel Clone
post Feb 10 2010, 12:16 AM
Post #18

Junior Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,724

So Infinite!

Remember there are Jedi Temples on Ilam,Dantooine and other planets, you never know if an exile jedi begun teaching force sensitives

--------------------
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2018 - 04:56 AM