Madison_rogue
post Mar 27 2014, 12:39 AM
Post #41

Standing beside myself to the nth degree
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Master (Mod)
Member No.: 1,159

QUOTE (Blue Harvest @ Mar 26 2014, 08:30 AM) *
I will return for one last farewell post as I close the forums.
It's sad, yes. But in a way I find it very fitting. I always did like to get the last word. winksmall.gif

You always did like having the last word...didn't you... evil.gif

I've spent a lot of time lurking on here the past several weeks; posting here and there as well. I've read through some of my most favorite topics the past month; laughing at the insanity because I find it so special.

I want to say thank you for providing us a place to talk about not only Star Wars, but a whole myriad of science fiction and fantasy related topics.

The most wonderful attribute of this site was the fact that we did not find divisiveness in our fandom. We can be SW and LOTR fans. We can like ST yet still enjoy SW as well. You know...I'm the Doctor...right?

Anyways, this place was unique amongst other forums in that we respected not only our own personal fandom, but also that of each of our bletties. We didn't troll each other, and that is something special and rare on the internet. I think you should be most proud of that Blue because you nurtured that environment here.

On a most personal note, I went through a very rough patch of my life not too long after I took on modship here, and I cannot tell you how much I still appreciate all the generosity, love, and kindness my fellow mods, and friends on this site showed me throughout that time. I consider myself truly blessed that I happened upon the friendships here to help me through that time in my life. I was heartbroken, and you all helped pick up the pieces.

I still have the cards, and the souvenirs you all sent me. The bletties picture collage is still standing in my bedroom atop a dresser. While I have not met any one of you in person, I love you all like family. We may all grow apart but you will all have a special place in my heart. msn_love.gif msn_love.gif msn_love.gif

--------------------

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. You got a problem with that?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Arca Hejaran
post Mar 27 2014, 10:01 AM
Post #42

On Corellia in Han's old home
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 1,143

I still can't find the right words to say farewell...
I loved this place as it was special and unusually tolerant - it was the only place (at least known to me) where one could rant and still be liked, yet not just asked to shut up but being asked what the problem was and if one could help solve it.

I made friends with firey, Katie, LSB and (of course) Greenangel, not to forget the others I still have contact with smile.gif and that would never have happened without this site smilebig.gif

And one of my fondest memories of this place is how Ben Kenobi and myself talked about making Episode 3 better and the whole chat evolved in adding, deleting or re-writing the script for Episode 3.
When we were done posting our new/rewritten scenes we got requests for that special edition dvd we were 'obviously' talking about - and the following disappointment when we told all we made that up ourselves, GL had nothing to do with it.
Being better than the original is fine cool.gif , but that too would never have happened without this site.

I hate to say goodbye but this time, to this site I have to... but let's hug one last time hug.gif

--------------------

My former master: thedarkwarrior II
My padawan: ~R2D2_owns_us_all
I'm a proud BH irregular!

Married to my love, greenangel.
Greenangel is legend

Ballroom Blitz

+Quote Post
Leia_
post Mar 27 2014, 05:59 PM
Post #43

protector of the cats
Group Icon

Group: Ghost Jedi (Ex-Mod)
From: ...and when you asked for light, I set myself on fire
Member No.: 344

QUOTE (The DM @ Mar 20 2014, 09:48 AM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojydNb3Lrrs

The world's about to be destroyed
There's no point getting all annoyed
Lie back and let the planet dissolve(around you)

The Force will be with you. Always.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUnkBX8Db80
The hedgehog can never be buggered at all smilesmall.gif
(cause I've been Discworld obsessed over the last couple of years)

Let's leave it at a happier note here. Blueharvest has always been and should remain a happy, friendly, and slightly insane place..

--------------------

Did you lose yourself way out there? Did you get to be a star?
Have I told you that I loved you today?
And don't it make you sad to know that life is more than who we are?

+Quote Post
Blue Harvest
post Mar 28 2014, 11:31 AM
Post #44

Hoopy frood who knows where her towel is
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Council (Admin)
Member No.: 1

Today, March 28th 2014, marks the
14th birthday
of the BlueHarvest.net forums

It's been 14 years of geeky goodness for our members, and a source of much enjoyment for me personally, as founder and admin.

It's not without a lump in my throat that I press the buttons that will put an end to all new posts and replies in the forums, and close this chapter in our collective internet history.

If I have one last thing to say to you all, as I click my last button, it's this:
Remember shysmilz.

Remember that if you greet someone with a smile, encouraging words and random lunacy, you may find a friend for life.

I know I did. Right here. And I will cherish it forever.

Thank you for being a part of it. Thank you for the wacky wacky memories.
May the Force be with you, wherever you go from here.

All my love and then some.
Blue

--------------------
I have a question about voodoo:
If one half of a pair of identical twins has acupuncture... is the other twin in serious trouble?

"Of all the things I've lost. I miss my mind the most." - Ozzy

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 03:37 PM