> New Star Wars...., Books...:)
greenangel
post Mar 10 2009, 01:16 PM
Post #1

Admiring the handywork of a small furball
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Master (Mod)
Member No.: 5,367

Hello fellow readers...smilesmall.gif I got 3 new books yesterday and I thought I would share...I was wondering if anyone has already read these or if someone would like to read along with me...smilesmall.gif

Order 66......Karen Traviss (really looking forward to this one...smilesmall.gif)
Invincible...Troy Denning
Millennium....James Luceno ( I want to read this one first...smilesmall.gif)

Thanks guys! smile.gif

--------------------
Happily married to Mr. Arca Hejaran.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Mar 10 2009, 07:05 PM
Post #2

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 884

I'm not a Karen Travis fan and the second book, in my opinion, wasn't good at all. It was boring and I gave it away. I'm looking forward to the Fate of the Jedi series coming out this March on the 24th.

Hope you like your books, greenangel. smilesmall.gif

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post
mara jade
post Mar 10 2009, 10:16 PM
Post #3

Gazing at the twin suns on Tatooine
Group Icon

Group: Ghost Jedi (Ex-Mod)
Member No.: 405

i really should read the Invincible book since its the only book of the LOTF series i havent read but i was so unhappy with the whole series that i didnt wanna spend my money on the hardcover and then i just forgot about it tounge.gif

the only way theyll get me to buy a book now is if they write something about Maras early days. the only thing that could still get me somewhat interested.

--------------------
A day without mara jade is like a day without sunshine.

+Quote Post
greenangel
post Mar 12 2009, 02:07 PM
Post #4

Admiring the handywork of a small furball
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Master (Mod)
Member No.: 5,367

So thats a no for reading Invincible with me right MJ... tounge.gif

Thank you Rebel...smilesmall.gif

I have started Millennium Falcon...so far so good... smile.gif

--------------------
Happily married to Mr. Arca Hejaran.

+Quote Post
Jax Nova
post May 29 2009, 05:29 PM
Post #5

Once again Zabraks will RULE THE GALAXY!!!
Group Icon

From: I live on Naboo, work on Kashyyk, and vacation on Degobah!
Member No.: 15,714

Sounds interesting. smilesmall.gif I'm not a huge reader but I do enjoy star wars books. Honestly, however, I prefer books that do not have any of the main characters from teh movies. I want to expand upon the star wars univers not just the life of the main characters.

MJ, have you read Allegences? It's got Mara as one of the (many) main characters and I thought it was pretty interesting! Teh book is mainly writen around a group of storm troopers who leave the empire due to certain unfortunate cercomstances. tounge.gif

--------------------

Live well...DIE YOUNG!

+Quote Post
Jedi Gurl
post Oct 18 2011, 08:50 PM
Post #6

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,395

Yeah Jax I've just read choices of one which has Mara of course and I've heard of allegiance I think it might come before choices of one cuz it has the group of storm troopers working with her and stuff. Great read by the way I will definately have to check out Allegiance. tounge.gif

--------------------

My padawan is Alderaan Princess and I'm happily married to Ninja Boy.
Why do people say "Life's a bitch" because if it was a slut it'd be easy.
I'm such a loser my FISH tried to runaway.
Jedi Gurl loves her Ninja Boy
Life is like watching Star Wars, if you spend too much time crying cuz uncle Owen and aunt Beru died, you'll miss the ewok celebration.
Peace, Love, and Red Pants!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 11:09 AM