Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Joss Whedon’s Firefly, Best Sci-Fi in years and years!
Blue Harvest
post Feb 18 2004, 04:27 PM
Post #1

Hoopy frood who knows where her towel is
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Council (Admin)
Member No.: 1

If you like Buffy and Angel, you’ll love this!

Words can not adequately express how much I msn_love.gif this show…

It’s created by the same guy who made the shows Buffy and Angel – Joss Whedon.
This one has nothing do to with vampires. It takes place a couple of hundred years into the future, on and around a “firefly” spaceship. It’s actually a kind of a combination of sci-fi and western. Sound weird? It’s not. Makes a whole lot of sense on so many levels. It’s sooooooo funny and interesting and warm.

Has anyone seen it?

If you haven’t seen it I highly recommend getting it on DVD. Amazon sells the entire series (unfortunately the show was cancelled after only 13 episodes) as a very reasonably priced DVD-box. Believe me, you will fall in love.

--------------------
I have a question about voodoo:
If one half of a pair of identical twins has acupuncture... is the other twin in serious trouble?

"Of all the things I've lost. I miss my mind the most." - Ozzy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mara jade
post Feb 18 2004, 08:30 PM
Post #2

Gazing at the twin suns on Tatooine
Group Icon

Group: Ghost Jedi (Ex-Mod)
Member No.: 405

ooooo!!!

a new sf series! it sounds interesting...ill try to look it up on the net smile.gif

--------------------
A day without mara jade is like a day without sunshine.

+Quote Post
Blue Harvest
post Feb 18 2004, 10:00 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

I can not say enough nice things about this show. The characters are fantastic, the atmosphere of the show is fresh and the stories will make you care. It breaks my heart that there are only 13 episodes.

Since I knew the show had been cancelled I debated with myself for a long long time before I finally decided to go ahead and see it. I just knew that I´d fall in love with the show and miss it terribly. I´m a huge fan of Joss Whedon´s work, so I justified my final desition with that I had to see this new show of his. I issue this warning along with my praise: you will love the show and you will become obsessed.

The latest news is that there is a Firefly feature movie in the works. It´s not the same as having a weekly episode but it´s something that I and all other Firefly fans hope will be a springboard for a renewal of the series. Think I just might hold my breath to see this happening.

--------------------
If one half of a pair of identical twins has acupuncture... is the other twin in serious trouble?

+Quote Post
mara jade
post Feb 18 2004, 10:33 PM
Post #4

Gazing at the twin suns on Tatooine
Group Icon

Group: Ghost Jedi (Ex-Mod)
Member No.: 405

i really dont know why all the good shows get canceled...like greg the bunny got canceled after one season and it was fantastic....and dark angel got canceled after two....

--------------------
A day without mara jade is like a day without sunshine.

+Quote Post
Blue Harvest
post Feb 19 2004, 01:44 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Never saw Greg the Bunny. Heard a lot about it at the time though so I was surprised too when it was cancelled. Many a fan have torn their hair out trying to figure out why good shows are cancelled. The good news in Firefly´s case is that it looks like that other networks have realised the mistake and may be willing (knock on wood) to pick it up again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
*LeiaOrgana*
post Mar 4 2014, 10:34 AM
Post #6

May the 4th, be with you!
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Master (Mod)
Member No.: 952

I know I'm late to the party, but:
QUOTE (Blue Harvest @ Feb 18 2004, 10:00 PM) *
Since I knew the show had been cancelled I debated with myself for a long long time before I finally decided to go ahead and see it. I just knew that I´d fall in love with the show and miss it terribly. I´m a huge fan of Joss Whedon´s work, so I justified my final desition with that I had to see this new show of his. I issue this warning along with my praise: you will love the show and you will become obsessed.

Same here. Knowing how awesome this show is and knowing it's a limited resource made us really want to space things out. We started watching together with a friend last autumn and have only made it 4 or 5 episodes in, as it's tough to schedule time together. I am hopelessly in love none the less! My fiancé got me the firefly guidebook last christmas and it's patiently sitting on the shelf till I can read it spoilerfree.

--------------------
Carol Hathaway: You're a med student?
Abby Lockhart: What can I say? I crossed over to the Dark Side.

a cool banner Liyina made for me | George Lucas in Love

+Quote Post
Master
post Mar 6 2014, 10:11 AM
Post #7

Frozen in Carbonite on Slave 1
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 1,532

It is an amazing show. Everything about it is perfect, and I just don't get Fox cancelling such great shows while continuing others. Whedon is an awesome guy, I actually think he can make amazing Episode VII.

--------------------
THE FOLLOW-UP FORUM to BH:
blue-harvest.co.uk

Married to anya_skywalker

"It is known that there are infinite number of worlds, simply because there is infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so average population of all planets in Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that population of whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of deranged imagination."
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Master was here (12.10.16)

+Quote Post
*LeiaOrgana*
post Mar 7 2014, 11:04 AM
Post #8

May the 4th, be with you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 952

QUOTE (Master @ Mar 6 2014, 10:11 AM) *
It is an amazing show. Everything about it is perfect, and I just don't get Fox cancelling such great shows while continuing others. Whedon is an awesome guy, I actually think he can make amazing Episode VII.

That I would watch!

I heard the rumor somewhere that it was a trade -- cancellation of Firefly for the continuation of another show, I think it was Dollhouse? Any info on that rumor?

--------------------
Carol Hathaway: You're a med student?
Abby Lockhart: What can I say? I crossed over to the Dark Side.

a cool banner Liyina made for me | George Lucas in Love

+Quote Post
Madison_rogue
post Mar 12 2014, 05:16 AM
Post #9

Standing beside myself to the nth degree
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,159

QUOTE (*LeiaOrgana* @ Mar 7 2014, 05:04 AM) *
That I would watch!

I heard the rumor somewhere that it was a trade -- cancellation of Firefly for the continuation of another show, I think it was Dollhouse? Any info on that rumor?

Hi *LO*!!!! wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif
I honestly have never heard this rumor...Dollhouse's run was six or seven years after Firefly, so I don't believe it could have been that.

I don't believe there's any evidence this happened. thinking.gif

--------------------

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. You got a problem with that?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2017 - 03:49 AM