> What are you reading?, current SW book
Master
post Sep 14 2009, 06:29 AM
Post #1

Frozen in Carbonite on Slave 1
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 1,532

Well, this is a thread for Star Wars book maniacs, (like me) who enjoys reading a lot of SW literature.

So, what are you reading?

Personally, I'm reading Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight by Michael Reaves. I really adore Reaves' novels.

--------------------
THE FOLLOW-UP FORUM to BH:
blue-harvest.co.uk

Married to anya_skywalker

"It is known that there are infinite number of worlds, simply because there is infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so average population of all planets in Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that population of whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of deranged imagination."
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Master was here (12.10.16)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jedimasterskid
post Sep 14 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #2

Can't bribe me with money, can't shower me with shame.
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,317

Currently reading Exile from the Legacy of the Force series. Yes I know I'm way behind but i'l catch up on the 32nd of Junember. tounge.gif

--------------------

Master who trained me- Firey
Wife- Firey(16/3/2008)

Greenangel is legend
For those who don't know....now you know~Zacky Vengence

Death to Twitter/Myspace/Facebook

Jedi-masters.co.uk RIP

+Quote Post
alsental
post Jan 19 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #3

New Poster
Group Icon

Group: Padawan
Member No.: 14,547

I've just started reading - Han solo at Stars End. It is very well written, but a bit drawn out. I read somewhere that it was the second piece of Star Wars Expanded Universe literature to be printed. I guess that makes it a rare book. I received it from my mother when i was younger and took it for granted untill i came of the age to realy start enjoying reading, then i started it and thought that it was non-canon and stopped. I regret that now and am happy to know that there is two sequels. I'm not sure what they are, but I would very much like to find out.
I have also just finished Death Troopers by Joe Scheibler. Excellent book and very, very well written. I could barely put it down and it had my on the edge of my seat. I recommend it to someone who likes Star Wars and a bit of "Blue Harvest".
I hope everyone is happy and well!

+Quote Post
priha
post Jan 19 2010, 10:15 PM
Post #4

Power Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 17,009

Tatioone (need to check my spelling..lol) Ghost for the 50th time. smilehuge.gif I love it! Also, The Crystal Star.

--------------------
"At last! My arm is complete again!" -Sweeney Todd

Real vampires DON'T sparkle!!!!

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Jan 20 2010, 02:27 AM
Post #5

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Member No.: 884

Well I just finished reading the Jedi Academy Trilogy a few weeks ago and then just finished now Darksaber. Not sure what I should read next, although I hear that Crosscurrent will be out soon, so I'll wait to read that.

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post
zedhatch
post Jan 25 2010, 07:02 AM
Post #6

New Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,722

I keep trying to get into Death troopers but its kind of melodramatic to say the least. Really having a difficult time getting the initiitve to even read it.

--------------------
Visit Zed's Toy Site Home of Toxie's 1:18th Universe Comic updated every other week.

+Quote Post
Callista Min
post Feb 2 2010, 05:07 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 4,754

Just finished reading Allegiance (the one that has young Mara, some stormtroopers, and Luke, Han, Leia & Chewie). It was rather uneven.

--------------------
This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.
--Princess Leia, Star Wars: A New Hope

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Feb 4 2010, 04:05 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

I just finished reading Crosscurrent and it was okay. It's an okay read, but not enough to really grab you. The only reason I got it is because I like the character of Jaden Korr. For some reason the idea of time travel in the SW universe set me off. From 1-10, this book would be a 4.

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post
mastertury32
post Feb 4 2010, 07:17 PM
Post #9

New Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,726

I'm currently reading darth bane rule of two it's pretty awesome.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jedimasterskid
post Feb 5 2010, 07:12 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (mastertury32 @ Feb 4 2010, 08:17 PM) *
I'm currently reading darth bane rule of two it's pretty awesome.

Ya that is a great Book. The next one is an ace one tto. The trilogy is my favorite of all star wars books. Even better than The Thrawn trilogy

--------------------

Wife- Firey(16/3/2008)

Greenangel is legend

Jedi-masters.co.uk RIP

+Quote Post
Zhuge Liang
post Apr 2 2010, 03:37 AM
Post #11

On Naboo in Amidala's throne room
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,500

Just finished Backlash.

Now I'm on Crystal Star. Not all that great if you ask me.

--------------------
You, you, next victim, you next to die.
You, you, next victim, you, your turn to die.
You, come on, next victim, you, your turn to die.
You, come on, next victim, you, your turn to die.
You die!

+Quote Post
Callista Min
post Jun 14 2010, 05:31 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 4,754

Seems as if nobody likes Crystal Star. I guess I should be glad I never read it.

--------------------
This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.
--Princess Leia, Star Wars: A New Hope

+Quote Post
Darth Dahak
post Sep 23 2010, 06:41 AM
Post #13

New Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,804

Right now i'm reading Fate of the Jedi: Outcast. Loving it so far. Kinda started off confusing, but it quickly gets explained.

--------------------

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

+Quote Post
jedimasterskid
post Oct 3 2010, 06:29 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Re-reading Darth Bane Dynasty of Evil.

--------------------

Wife- Firey(16/3/2008)

Greenangel is legend

Jedi-masters.co.uk RIP

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Oct 4 2010, 01:06 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Well I thought I would be reading The Jedi's Path: A Manuel for Students of the Force (this book sounds awesome, just be prepared I heard that it's costly), said it was coming out last week. Does B&N have it? Nope, they'll have it Oct. 16. So I'm still rereading Vision of the Future and am waiting on The Force Unleashed 2 (book, not video game) to come out tomorrow. I hope they have that one!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jedimasterskid
post Oct 8 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Well I have put down Dynasty of evil to read The Jedi Path. Only has about 150 pages but It one that you need to read over and over again. Its a textbook.

--------------------

Wife- Firey(16/3/2008)

Greenangel is legend

Jedi-masters.co.uk RIP

+Quote Post
SouthsideJosh
post Feb 16 2011, 11:26 PM
Post #17

New Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,866

I'm rereading all the Republic Commandos series again

+Quote Post
JediAimee
post Feb 17 2011, 03:03 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 35,864

I'm currently reading Labyrinth of Evil, anyone else read it?

+Quote Post
greenangel
post Feb 20 2011, 02:38 PM
Post #19

Admiring the handywork of a small furball
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Master (Mod)
Member No.: 5,367

YES! Great book...after that you can go to ROTS..(my personal favorite...smilesmall.gif) and then to The Rise of Darth Vador.....also great books!!

--------------------
Happily married to Mr. Arca Hejaran.

+Quote Post
JediAimee
post Feb 21 2011, 12:02 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 35,864

I read the Rise of Darth Vader ages ago, thought it was pretty good. Skipped past ROTS and have just started Coruscant Nights smilesmall.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2018 - 03:10 AM