> Darth Plagueis
paul73
post Mar 14 2012, 12:51 AM
Post #1

Power Poster
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 1,428

I think this may be my first time posting in the Star Wars Books forum. I haven't read many. Maybe half a dozen. I tend to get turned-off with books that don't fit in well with the Lucas canon. This particular book, Star Wars: Darth Plagueis by James Luceno attracted me. This is a novel without a protagonist, which I'm not used to, but to have one in this context would be a waste, because we know from having watched Lucas's prequels, what's going to happen afterwards. What's interesting here are the origins of Darth Sidius, Darth Maul, Darth Tyrannus, the Boonta Eves pod races, the clone army on Kamino, and the Trade Federation's interest in Naboo. I listened to the audiobook. Daniel Davis performs a great range of voices and has some help from electronic aids, which enables him to do such voices as Jabba the Hutt. On a scale of 10, I'd give the book about a 6.5. It got bogged down with politics and a general lack of action.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Master
post Apr 5 2012, 11:54 AM
Post #2

Frozen in Carbonite on Slave 1
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,532

Excellent book by excellent author. I tend to enjoy Luceno's novels and Darth Plagueis is of the the greatest books not only by him, but it's one of the best things that happened to EU in the last 10 years. Well, that's my opinion. Great storytelling, beautiful language and tons of new information make this book a must-read.

--------------------
THE FOLLOW-UP FORUM to BH:
blue-harvest.co.uk

Married to anya_skywalker

"It is known that there are infinite number of worlds, simply because there is infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so average population of all planets in Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that population of whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of deranged imagination."
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Master was here (12.10.16)

+Quote Post
sith-yoda
post Apr 17 2012, 09:29 PM
Post #3

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,007

I thought it was pretty good. I like all the little things it explains and gives back stories to. Pretty good book if you can't get your hands off anything sith or you like anything pre-rise of the empire era. I guess it barely qualifies in that category but whatever. I'd probably have to give it a 4/5. Pretty solid novel.

--------------------
You'll never be strong enough to make time stand still.

"Who's scruffy lookin'?!"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2018 - 03:11 AM