> X-Wing: Mercy Kill
Rebel_A96
post Aug 7 2012, 01:40 AM
Post #1

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 884

Anyone going to get this book? It comes out tomorrow and it looks good! It's in hardcover, as usual, but I wish it was in paperback as the whole series is in paperback. Why do SW books have to come out in hardcover first? Is it really because of money? *shakes head*

Anyway here's a link to the book: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/X-wing:_Mercy_Kill
The cover looks cool! smilesmall.gif

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jedi Gurl
post Aug 13 2012, 12:05 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,395

yeah I read some about it in a star wars insider magazine. I would love to read it, but I haven't read any of the others. I'm going over the legacy of the force series now and was contemplating whether to read the x-wing series next or the fate of the jedi. But from what I've heard of Mercy Kill it should be good and long anticipated by fans of the x-wing series since the last x-wing book was released like 12 years ago at least if I remember correctly from the article I read in Star Wars insider! tounge.gif

--------------------

My padawan is Alderaan Princess and I'm happily married to Ninja Boy.
Why do people say "Life's a bitch" because if it was a slut it'd be easy.
I'm such a loser my FISH tried to runaway.
Jedi Gurl loves her Ninja Boy
Life is like watching Star Wars, if you spend too much time crying cuz uncle Owen and aunt Beru died, you'll miss the ewok celebration.
Peace, Love, and Red Pants!!

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Aug 18 2012, 01:39 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Jedi Gurl--it wasn't that bad of a book. There are new Wraiths in it although some old ones do appear like Piggy, Bhindi, and Sharr. But overall, it's not bad. Legacy is a good series too, but the X-wings series beats it out 10 to 1 by far. You'll have fun reading that series (both of them)! smilesmall.gif

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post
Tyrena
post Mar 3 2013, 05:55 PM
Post #4

Wash at 30C, do not iron
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Master (Mod)
Member No.: 1,555

How much of the old Wraiths do you see in the book? The character list had just Face, Piggy and Wedge, and it didn't look like they had much of a role in the plot. If I buy it I need to know I get my daily dose of Wedge from it tounge.gif

--------------------
Burma!

Behind every gifted woman there's often a rather talented cat

To err is human, to purr feline

Cats don't come when they are called, they take the message and get back to you later

Your home is where your cat is

The shortest math joke ever: let epsilon be less than zero...

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Mar 5 2013, 01:13 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Tyrena--Wedge is barely in it. Face is in the beginning and ending. It's mainly Piggy's story about him using his skills and working with the new Wraiths. Bhindi is in half of the book and Sharr Latt is in it too. But there's Jesmin Tainer and Myri Antilles, so we get to see them in action which is cool.

It was an interesting read and I could see it moving onward with either a new plot series (like another X-wing series novels) or just incorporating the stories in the new SW books.

Jedi Gurl--which series have you started on?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tyrena
post Mar 6 2013, 09:22 PM
Post #6

Wash at 30C, do not iron
Group Icon

Oh... well then I'm definitley waiting for paperback, no point wasting 20 quid now.

Who is Bhindi? Don't remember him/her from any X Wing books eyeball.gif

--------------------
Burma!

Cats don't come when they are called, they take the message and get back to you later

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Mar 8 2013, 12:13 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Bhindi Drayson is the daughter of Hiram Drayson. She was in one of the books either...wait let me look it up...okay wookiepedia says she was in the following: Enemy Lines 1 & 2 and The Unifying Force.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tyrena
post Mar 9 2013, 03:52 PM
Post #8

Wash at 30C, do not iron
Group Icon

Oh right. Never read those, which would explain why I never heard of her tounge.gif There's so many books, I lost track of who is related to who, who has died or who has gone Sith...

--------------------
Burma!

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Mar 10 2013, 10:00 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

There's so many books, I lost track of who is related to who, who has died or who has gone Sith...
^Well if you ever need help, you can ask me. I love looking up who's doing what. I have to...still roleplaying for 16yrs and have to keep up. Don't call me weird. tounge.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2018 - 03:09 AM