> Ghost of Tatooine
Rancory
post Nov 27 2006, 02:05 PM
Post #1

Rookie Poster
Group Icon

Group: Padawan
Member No.: 2,973

Someone has read this book? I recently got about 60 Star Wars books, and started to read this one. Beginning is spooky a little bit smilehuge.gif "Mine..." eyeball.gif Kidding. I just started to read it. Some people say that it is very boring, so I am asking you now, cause I wanna know should I waste time with it smilehuge.gif Kidding, again!

So? Any comments?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Nov 27 2006, 07:25 PM
Post #2

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 884

I have never heard of it, what's it about? Is it a book or a comic book?

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post
Rancory
post Nov 27 2006, 08:31 PM
Post #3

Rookie Poster
Group Icon

http://cargobay.starwars.com/webapps/cargo...tem-detail/7228

This may help!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tyrena
post Nov 27 2006, 10:00 PM
Post #4

Wash at 30C, do not iron
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Master (Mod)
Member No.: 1,555

I love this book, but I am a Han/Leia fan so no wonder there smilehuge.gif Troy Denning writes the characters perfectly, which is a nice change after some other books *coughNewJediOrdercough* tounge.gif And it nicely ties prequels with OT.

I think it depends what characters do you like to read about. There is no Luke and Jedi stuff so if that's what you are looking for you might be disappointed. If you like Han or Leia or Chewie then definitely go for it smile.gif

--------------------
Burma!

Behind every gifted woman there's often a rather talented cat

To err is human, to purr feline

Cats don't come when they are called, they take the message and get back to you later

Your home is where your cat is

The shortest math joke ever: let epsilon be less than zero...

+Quote Post
Rancory
post Nov 27 2006, 10:26 PM
Post #5

Rookie Poster
Group Icon

OK, then I would like it cool.gif Hehe, lol. Well, according to the beginning, Ghost of Tatooine is actually Darth Vader eyeball.gif Right?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tyrena
post Nov 27 2006, 10:33 PM
Post #6

Wash at 30C, do not iron
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Master (Mod)
Member No.: 1,555

More like Anakin Skywalker... How much of the book have you already read? I don't want to spoil anything for you.

And how on Earth did you get 60 books at once? Maybe it would work for me too tounge.gif

--------------------
Burma!

Behind every gifted woman there's often a rather talented cat

To err is human, to purr feline

Cats don't come when they are called, they take the message and get back to you later

Your home is where your cat is

The shortest math joke ever: let epsilon be less than zero...

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Nov 28 2006, 12:19 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 884

Oh my gosh, I feel sssssoooo stupid! blush.gif I have this book, but somehow totally forgot about it. This is where Leia meets Anakin's friend, whom his name I can't spell right now and she...yeah yeah yeah...I remember I got it.

I can't believe I forgot. Forgive this one? toungewink.gif

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post
Rancory
post Nov 28 2006, 01:46 PM
Post #8

Rookie Poster
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tyrena @ Nov 27 2006, 10:33 PM)
More like Anakin Skywalker... How much of the book have you already read? I don't want to spoil anything for you.

And how on Earth did you get 60 books at once? Maybe it would work for me too tounge.gif

As I said, I got them recently, and I am very busy with school, so I cannot read any now! But...it ain't 60. It is more than 60 smilehuge.gif Actually...let me count them again...61. Hehe, lol smilehuge.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
master_palin
post Nov 28 2006, 08:37 PM
Post #9

Bronze Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

I can't beleive I havent read this one yet.. Must have slipped through the cracks.. Sounds like I should go pick it up..

--------------------
Pain Heals
Chicks dig Scars
Glory last forever

+Quote Post
swgfboy
post Nov 28 2006, 11:43 PM
Post #10

On Naboo in Amidala's throne room
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,812

I read this one a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. Actually, i read it probably 2 or 3 years ago. But i remember it pretty well. It was a good book to read and i agree with Tyrena, it fit really good with the prequels but i'm also a Han/Leia fan *high fives Tyrena* so, when u get the chance, this is an awesome book.

--------------------
Brassel: Your report says that Ms. Farris was beyond capable, does that still stand Mr. Hunt?
Hunt: It's unacceptable that you're judging Ms. Farris' abilities on-
Brassel: It's unacceptable that chocolate makes you fat but i've had my share and guess what.

+Quote Post
Darth Nuliaj
post Dec 3 2006, 12:43 AM
Post #11

Redecorating the Deathstar
Group Icon

Group: Ghost Jedi (Ex-Mod)
Member No.: 618

Yes I agree it is a good book. It's basically used as a vehicle to educate the OT era characters with info about the PT events & people.

(Rebel, the friend's name is Kitster) smilesmall.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zee Zee
post Dec 13 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #12

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,429

QUOTE (Darth Nuliaj @ Dec 3 2006, 12:43 AM)
Yes I agree it is a good book. It's basically used as a vehicle to educate the OT era characters with info about the PT events & people.

Gotta agree that it was designed to infuse the OT with the PT. However, it is a very good book especially as it looks at Anakin's story from Kitster point of view, that is to him, Anakin was a hero figure in that he won the podrace and escaped his slavery. An image that Leia has difficulty in reconciling. If you take Tatooine Ghost and Truce at Bakura together, you have an interesting take on Leia's reconciliation within herself that Vader was Anakin and her father.

Enjoy the book!

+Quote Post
Callista Min
post Aug 10 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 4,754

QUOTE (Zee Zee @ Dec 13 2006, 10:46 PM)
If you take Tatooine Ghost and Truce at Bakura together, you have an interesting take on Leia's reconciliation within herself that Vader was Anakin and her father.

I agree. I liked this book! Denning did a really nice job depicting Leia and Han.

--------------------
This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.
--Princess Leia, Star Wars: A New Hope

+Quote Post
Leiafan
post Aug 11 2007, 05:21 AM
Post #14

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,613

I thought the scene in "Truce at Bakura" with Leia and Anakin's ghost was lame. "Tatooine Ghost" wasn't a perfect book by any means, but it did a good job tying the OT and PT events/characters together.

--------------------
Darth Vader would snap Mara Jade's throat like a twig -- if she was even worth the effort

+Quote Post
Furio
post Aug 24 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #15

New Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,703

I agree with Leiafan on this, "Tatooine Ghost" wasn't a perfect book but noneless a good one, some perfection turns into nightmares wink.gif

I actualy thought that the ghost scene in "Truce at Bakura" was pretty good, a bit corny you might say, but not totaly lame.

--------------------
Over 66 000 Gamer has visited My KoTOR's ultimate Guide
Gee, there must be something good in it, but i don't know what it is?

Help Saving Dafur by signing the petiton to send peacekeepers:
http://www.savedarfur.org

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!!..@@@...@@@.....@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!!....@@@@@@@@@@@@......@@@@@@@@

!@@@@@@@@@@@@!!..@@@.....@@@....!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!....@@@@@@@@@@@@.....@@@@@@@@@@!

..@@@!..........!@@@.....@@@!....@@@........@@@@........@@@@........@@@......@@@!

..@@@!..........@@@.......@@@....@@@........@@@@.........@@........@@@........@@@

..@@@@@@@@@!....@@@.......@@@....@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!.........@@........@@@........@@@

..@@@@@@@@@!....@@@.......@@@....@@@@@@@@@@@@@!..........@@........@@@........@@@

..@@@!..........@@@.......@@@....@@@.......@@@!..........@@........@@@........@@@

..@@@!..........@@@.......@@@....@@@........@@@!........@@@@........@@@......@@@!

!@@@!...........!@@@@@@@@@@@!..!@@@!.........@@@!...@@@@@@@@@@@@.....@@@@@@@@@@!

@@@!.............!@@@@@@@@@!..!@@@@!.........@@@@!..@@@@@@@@@@@@......@@@@@@@@!

+Quote Post
priha
post Nov 25 2008, 08:13 PM
Post #16

Power Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 17,009

This is my fav starwars book!!I love the connection with skywalkers past. tounge.gif

--------------------
"At last! My arm is complete again!" -Sweeney Todd

Real vampires DON'T sparkle!!!!

+Quote Post
bubbafett
post Jul 29 2010, 08:17 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 35,780

this is the book im reading now. it took me a while to get into but so far its good. next is the republic commando books

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2018 - 03:10 AM