> Luke in the books
Callista Min
post Jun 12 2009, 06:31 PM
Post #21

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 4,754

Hm, that's an interesting point. Maybe so.
There are readers who don't like them to stray from the movie qualities, I know that for sure.

--------------------
This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.
--Princess Leia, Star Wars: A New Hope
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Master
post Apr 22 2012, 11:59 AM
Post #22

Frozen in Carbonite on Slave 1
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,532

well, Luke is dull. That's understandable since he is a Grand Master and quite an old one, but he's not the Luke we all love from the OT. In the books, especially in the Legacy of the Force series, he reminds me of more Obi-Wan. He's too goody-goody and adult. That change can be explained by age, but what about Han? He is older but hasn't change at all.

--------------------
THE FOLLOW-UP FORUM to BH:
blue-harvest.co.uk

Married to anya_skywalker

"It is known that there are infinite number of worlds, simply because there is infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so average population of all planets in Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that population of whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of deranged imagination."
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Master was here (12.10.16)

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Apr 24 2012, 10:24 PM
Post #23

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Member No.: 884

To each his/her own. I don't think Luke is dull at all; it's the authors that are making them sometimes like themselves and not. I think all authors should get together and discuss what kind of characters are Han, Luke, Leia, etc and keep it like that. One minute they have humor, the next they don't.

I know all writing styles are different, but really they should make them the same in every book. I just hope Luke doesn't go the same way Mara did; he should die in his sleep. I don't want him to die at all, but if one day he has to go, please let it be in his sleep.

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2018 - 03:09 AM