> Legacy Sacrifice
master_palin
post Aug 20 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #1

Bronze Poster
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 66

Ok I get where the Fett tie in came in earlier in the series with the whole assisanation attempt and Jacen killing Fetts daughter and all. But now in Sacrifice the same aruther is mixing in what appears to be a completly un-related story line with Fett and his search for a cure and the Mandolorians.

Im not really looking for a spoiler just some one to say that it all ties togehter cause while the aruther is spinning an interesting tale about Fett our favoriate bounty hunter.. I'm not seeing how it relates at all to Jacens decent to the dark side.

And frankly I think this entire sereis is a cheap retell. Its the clone wars and sepertist movement all over again. Instead of sidious pullng the strings its Lumiya. Instead of anikin turning to the dark side to save those he loves its Jacen.
I kinda agree with Fett.. "its just one long war for me"
Started with the sepertest movement.. Clone war, Empires military dictatorship , the rebellion, then thwan and the IMperial remnant, VArious skirmishes, the vong and now back to all the petty disputes that tore the Republic apart to begin with first chance the systems get. Just one long 80+ year war

--------------------
Pain Heals
Chicks dig Scars
Glory last forever
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jedi Gurl
post Aug 21 2008, 07:36 AM
Post #2

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,395

Hey Palin, I agree that as far as I can see Fett's story is pointless now, in fact I mostly ignored his parts cuz I found it pointless and dull. It distrcts from the story that I really want to read.

I also agree that it is all sounding just like the clone wars, in fact when I was watching clone wars I couldn't stop thinking about how much it was like the book.Jacen even has a secret lover and child for crying out loud. But I do have to say that this fact doesn't distract from the book being good I read through it fast cuz I just couldn't put it down.

BTW, did you get to the end cuz I've been itching to talk about the end. tounge.gif

--------------------

My padawan is Alderaan Princess and I'm happily married to Ninja Boy.
Why do people say "Life's a bitch" because if it was a slut it'd be easy.
I'm such a loser my FISH tried to runaway.
Jedi Gurl loves her Ninja Boy
Life is like watching Star Wars, if you spend too much time crying cuz uncle Owen and aunt Beru died, you'll miss the ewok celebration.
Peace, Love, and Red Pants!!

+Quote Post
bradpinder
post Aug 26 2008, 04:53 AM
Post #3

New Poster
Group Icon

Group: Padawan
Member No.: 10,993

Yes, the end rocked and I was happy that it ended with the words spoken my Jacen. freakng cool.

--------------------
Im the first one I laugh at, and the last one I take seriously.

+Quote Post
Jedi Gurl
post Aug 27 2008, 01:48 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Oh I mnow I cried when you know what happened to you know who winksmall.gif

But I really don't like the way Luke reacted when Ben told him that it wasn't Lumiya sad.gif

--------------------

Life is like watching Star Wars, if you spend too much time crying cuz uncle Owen and aunt Beru died, you'll miss the ewok celebration.

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Aug 27 2008, 01:54 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 884

Most people I see here and me included think this whole Legacy series is just coping off of RotS. You can find many similarities except it's with different characters, they should've come up with a whole new plot for Jacen's decent to the dark side.

I'm not a Boba Fett fan, so his involvement in the whole series I thought was absolutely pointless. He wasn't needed what-so-ever.

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post
master_palin
post Aug 27 2008, 10:32 PM
Post #6

Bronze Poster
Group Icon

Nope havent finished it but I already know who dies.. Just dont know how , when where etc.

I only get to readying a chapter every so often Mostly just durrning lunch when I have the time for it.

--------------------
Pain Heals
Chicks dig Scars
Glory last forever

+Quote Post
Jedi Gurl
post Aug 28 2008, 05:15 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Oh well I hope you get more reading time cuz it's good. tounge.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
master_palin
post Sep 9 2008, 04:10 PM
Post #8

Bronze Poster
Group Icon

finished it last week. It has its good parts and its bad parts. I've said it before but the whole story line just confusses me and ticks me off a bit as well. i hate seeing the authors manipulate the characters and what most of us seem to have in our minds as to what their reactions should be so it fits with where they want the story to go.

Dont get me totaly wrong I may not like parts of the story but over all its servers it purpose for me.. Its just fun reading.

--------------------
Pain Heals
Chicks dig Scars
Glory last forever

+Quote Post
Jedi Gurl
post Jan 23 2009, 04:21 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Yes you finally finished.

SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN"T FINISHED READING

So what did you think of Luke's final battle with Lumiya. I loved how he saves her from falling then just bam takes her head off.

--------------------

+Quote Post
master_palin
post Jan 23 2009, 04:57 PM
Post #10

Bronze Poster
Group Icon

hmm to be honest I dont remember that part.. I've stoped reading the Series I ll finish it eventually just for now I've sidetracked off to teh Sword of Truth.

However my reaction is just that its about frakin time..

--------------------
Pain Heals
Chicks dig Scars
Glory last forever

+Quote Post
Jedi Gurl
post Jan 23 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Yeah right. I know what you mean about getting side tracked i stopped reading the NJO series to read Legacy of the froce. My english teacher likes Star Wars too, but he stopped reading the Legacy of the Force series and I got upset at him cuz I can't talk to him about it. So now when we have free write bellwork assignments I'm always tempted to write about being pissed at Jacen Solo for killing Mara Jade, but I can't cuz I'll spoil it for him. tounge.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zhuge Liang
post Jan 24 2009, 03:04 AM
Post #12

On Naboo in Amidala's throne room
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,500

As the saying goes, "Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it."
This series is a good example.

--------------------
You, you, next victim, you next to die.
You, you, next victim, you, your turn to die.
You, come on, next victim, you, your turn to die.
You, come on, next victim, you, your turn to die.
You die!

+Quote Post
master_palin
post Jan 27 2009, 06:18 PM
Post #13

Bronze Poster
Group Icon

I will grant you that yes this is a perfect example of that. However what I've seen more in this series is less of people forgetting history and more of the aurthors altering characters to fit into the story. Unfortunatly the books I have read are to far out of memory to cite example. But I know a few people here and others ive talked to about these books tend to agree. The character actions just dont seem to fit the characters in some cases. The aurthors seem to have them take a path because it fits the story not because it fits the character based on their extensive past history and developement. IN some parts of the story I woudl get the feeling that for a few pages the writters threw out all past character history and just had them do what they needed them to so it fit the direction of the story. That is my biggest issue with teh series so far.

--------------------
Pain Heals
Chicks dig Scars
Glory last forever

+Quote Post
Jedi Gurl
post Oct 18 2011, 08:59 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

I haven't noticed that much myself when I was reading it. But now that I think about it you might be right. I've stopped reading LOTF to finish reading NJO. So now when I finish that I will re read the LOTF. So I will look to see if I notice the characters coming out of character.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Oct 19 2011, 06:11 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 884

What you said m_p reminds me of Jaina in the new series. She was a great Jedi, but now she's subdued and sort of with the Jedi and not. Her character has definitely changed.

I wish my teachers liked SW that much as yours do, Jedi Gurl. When they say they like SW, they just mean the movies. Tell your teacher to continue reading!

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post
Jedi Gurl
post Aug 17 2012, 10:09 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Yes thank you Rebel. I have been re-reading LOTF and I don't think the characters are acting differently in these situations. The characters first off have changed alot since the NJO so they are bound to react differently to such new situations as their trusted friend/family member doing such horrible unbelievable things. I am on Fury now and have noticed everyone doing exactly what you'd exxpect of them, which is rising up to take out the problem.

The things that I am pissed at is that Luke still refuses to accept the fact that it was Jacen who killed Mara. And that everyone thinks it was Alema. Like as if Alema could actually kill Mara Jade. Come on anytime she gets in a fight with a Skywalker or Solo she ends up permenantly scarred or deformed.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2018 - 03:09 AM