Guests cannot vote 
Master
post Apr 5 2012, 12:17 PM
Post #1

Frozen in Carbonite on Slave 1
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 1,532

I think we've all seen TPM in 3D - how could we miss that? Me and my wife really enjoyed it. Not because the 3D is amazing - it's decent, but not that good. It just felt so good to see Star Wars in cinema again.

What are your feelings about the 3D version of the film?

--------------------
THE FOLLOW-UP FORUM to BH:
blue-harvest.co.uk

Married to anya_skywalker

"It is known that there are infinite number of worlds, simply because there is infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so average population of all planets in Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that population of whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of deranged imagination."
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Master was here (12.10.16)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Apr 7 2012, 02:46 PM
Post #2

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Member No.: 884

I hate to be the one to say it, but I probably won't see it. Not a big fan of 3D and even thought it's SW, I think I'll skip this one. I know....*runs and hides* as pillow...I hope it's something that soft *from object being thrown*.

smilesmall.gif That's nice that you enjoyed it. I'm curious though, what popped out (3D wise). I know the explosion and battle scenes, but seriously, what else?

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post
sith-yoda
post Apr 17 2012, 09:09 PM
Post #3

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,007

I saw it but I wasn't quite bought on the whole 3D thing. Don't get me wrong, it's always great to see Star Wars in a theater, but the majority of the movie was hardly even in 3D. You could take the glasses off and half the movie was just.. normal. and I don't know, maybe it's just me, but the 3D just hardly works with me at all. But overall it was good to see Star Wars in theater again even if it was TPM. tounge.gif

--------------------
You'll never be strong enough to make time stand still.

"Who's scruffy lookin'?!"

+Quote Post
Leiafan
post Jun 17 2012, 12:36 AM
Post #4

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,613

QUOTE (sith-yoda @ Apr 17 2012, 10:09 PM) *
I saw it but I wasn't quite bought on the whole 3D thing. Don't get me wrong, it's always great to see Star Wars in a theater, but the majority of the movie was hardly even in 3D. You could take the glasses off and half the movie was just.. normal. and I don't know, maybe it's just me, but the 3D just hardly works with me at all. But overall it was good to see Star Wars in theater again even if it was TPM. tounge.gif

Was that last remark supposed to be funny? Because it wasn't. Bashing TPM and acting like everyone hates it is so 13 years ago.

I didn't see TPM: 3-D myself, because I don't care for 3-D. But I'm glad to see it was a success at the box office...even though it was hardly promoted at all and even though it's taken such a thrashing in the press.

--------------------
Darth Vader would snap Mara Jade's throat like a twig -- if she was even worth the effort

+Quote Post
Rebel Clone
post Oct 1 2012, 01:44 PM
Post #5

Junior Poster
Group Icon

Group: Padawan
Member No.: 35,724

I saw it several times in 3D just to get the sense of Nostalgia with a feeling of futuristic and more "into" the film you would say. Cant wait for all the other episodes to come back to theatres in 3D

--------------------
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

+Quote Post
darthnecrum
post Oct 13 2012, 02:11 PM
Post #6

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 431

I saw it, I certainly enjoyed it more than 13 years ago tounge.gif

To be honest, I pretty much forgot it was in 3D most of the time.

I also spent alot of the time feeling sorry for Jake Loyd. He really copped it in high school, poor sod

--------------------
I HAD a bad feeling about this, but now I take ZOLOFT :D

Married to: The Dark Side

Happy to be an Irregular Poster/Lurker

Don't you die on me BH

+Quote Post
Darth Bane
post Sep 20 2013, 09:52 PM
Post #7

Junior Poster
Group Icon

Group: Padawan
Member No.: 1,333

I think Jango chasing Obi-wan through the asteroid belt, and some parts of Tipoca City will look great in 3D. Any idea when Attack of the Clones will be released in 3D??

+Quote Post
Master
post Sep 21 2013, 11:25 PM
Post #8

Frozen in Carbonite on Slave 1
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,532

I believe they cancelled it. But I may be wrong.

--------------------
THE FOLLOW-UP FORUM to BH:
blue-harvest.co.uk

Married to anya_skywalker

"It is known that there are infinite number of worlds, simply because there is infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so average population of all planets in Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that population of whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of deranged imagination."
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Master was here (12.10.16)

+Quote Post
jedimasterskid
post Sep 26 2013, 10:49 AM
Post #9

Can't bribe me with money, can't shower me with shame.
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,317

Yeah since Disney bought Star wars they have cancelled a lot of things (Clone wars, 1313 come to mind) however they have kept a lot of people happy with confirming that they will release battlegrounds 3! but if I'm guessing right anything pre-Disney bought they won't make a penny from so AOTC and ROTS in 3D look highly doubtful

--------------------

Master who trained me- Firey
Wife- Firey(16/3/2008)

Greenangel is legend
For those who don't know....now you know~Zacky Vengence

Death to Twitter/Myspace/Facebook

Jedi-masters.co.uk RIP

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 11:19 AM