> Grand Admiral Thrawn Trilogy
Rebel Clone
post Apr 30 2012, 09:57 PM
Post #1

Junior Poster
Group Icon

Group: Padawan
Member No.: 35,724

So I have been quite picky on the SW books i read, but another fan by the name of JasterStrikesback on twitter & instagram linked me to this trilogy. The first one being
"Heir to the Empire" by Timothy Zahn
I got it shipping, but before i lose my mind in it has anyone here read this trilogy and have any good or negative things to say about it?

--------------------
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
master_palin
post Jun 11 2012, 10:18 PM
Post #2

Bronze Poster
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 66

Well ITs amazing.. one of the best Arthur to add to Star wars.
And its basically the trillogy that gave a HUGE boots to SW novals and got a massive ball rolling.

--------------------
Pain Heals
Chicks dig Scars
Glory last forever

+Quote Post
Jedi Gurl
post Jul 7 2012, 03:22 AM
Post #3

On Bespin in Lando's dining room
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,395

Yeah it is my favorite book (Heir to the Empire) and the trilogy is great. Timothy Zahn is my fave author and was the first to expand the Star Wars stories. If it wasn't for the success of Heir there probably wouldn't be so many novels now.If you're looking for more great books. I would reccomend any of Zahn's Star Wars novels. Especially his latest dualogy Allegiance, and Choices of One. Amazing stuff. tounge.gif

Also the twentieth anniversary edition of Heir To The Empire. Came out last year and it's really cool cuz it tells you about how Timothy Zahn started writing Heir, and has some notes from him throughout the book. Really Cool!! msn_love.gif

--------------------

My padawan is Alderaan Princess and I'm happily married to Ninja Boy.
Why do people say "Life's a bitch" because if it was a slut it'd be easy.
I'm such a loser my FISH tried to runaway.
Jedi Gurl loves her Ninja Boy
Life is like watching Star Wars, if you spend too much time crying cuz uncle Owen and aunt Beru died, you'll miss the ewok celebration.
Peace, Love, and Red Pants!!

+Quote Post
Rebel_A96
post Jul 7 2012, 07:44 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 884

It's a great trilogy; definitely worth a read!! And reread, lol. Many of his books are great and he's one of those authors where you know you'll get your money's worth; he's one of the better SW authors in my opinion. I mean there are others, but the list is short.

Btw, if I remember correctly he was the one who made up the planet Coruscant and GL used it in his prequel trilogy. Pretty cool I say! Enjoy the books!

--------------------
Let's start at the top shall we? The Sith Wars, Palpatine's Empire, Thrawn's siege, Vong invasion, Second Galactic Civil War, I could go on. Point is the enemy hasn't vanished and we're fighting new people/aliens/species every day.

This has always been a Force War and we, as non-Jedi, will still help rid the universe of their evil. That's on one side of the galaxy, on the other our friends: Luke, Han, Leia, Wedge, Iella, Corran, Mirax, etc are still trying to keep the peace. They've thwarted Abeltoth, but others will soon come their way...and ours.

We shall meet these enemies on both sides of the galaxy head on to defeat them. And when we do meet them, it'll be with the same determination, hope, and perseverance all of us have always shown.

None of this is easy as people/aliens/pets/animals are injured or die every day. But to keep the galaxy safe, we'll do all we can to win, for both sides of the galaxy. To ensure peace, we will keep fighting.

Wish us luck, wish us the Force, and pray for us as we'll need it going up against these formidable foes.

(Have been playing SW for over 17yrs--as of 2014--and I also follow the books. I will continue this role playing until I no longer can.) Also I just wanted to thank all who answered my threads and have chatted with me throughout the years; all of you are fun, awesome, caring, friendly, smart, (etc) and are my good/best friends. I will miss talking to you.

+Quote Post
Jedi Gurl
post Aug 13 2012, 05:52 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,395

Yeah he did it mentioned it in the 'Heir' 20th edition. He said that he was trying to think of what imperial center would be like and imagined it to be like a big city and he also thought it would have had to have a name before the imperials took over it. Apparantly Coruscant mean twinkling lights or something like that which is where he got the name and he said that he was so excited to have George use his planet in the movie that he got this Coruscant globe toy from I think it was pizza hut or something and he has it displayed in his home! tounge.gif

I think that is really cool and adds to the testiment of Zahn's and his trilogy's place in the world of Star Wars. tounge.gif

--------------------

My padawan is Alderaan Princess and I'm happily married to Ninja Boy.
Why do people say "Life's a bitch" because if it was a slut it'd be easy.
I'm such a loser my FISH tried to runaway.
Jedi Gurl loves her Ninja Boy
Life is like watching Star Wars, if you spend too much time crying cuz uncle Owen and aunt Beru died, you'll miss the ewok celebration.
Peace, Love, and Red Pants!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2018 - 03:11 AM