Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How long did it take Empire to build Death Star#1?, how come it took so long?
Madison_rogue
post Feb 22 2006, 04:58 PM
Post #21

Standing beside myself to the nth degree
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Master (Mod)
Member No.: 1,159

I agree ARC. The DS was designed for battle against larger ships of that nature. They expected smaller ships to be absolutely ineffective. That's what was so brilliant about the weakness of the original DS. A single ship could take it out with a single shot down an exhaust port.

The rebel fleet was too small to go up against an operational battlestation. That's what the Alliance thought DS2 was until Palpatine revealed that it in actuality operational (even though it was vulnerable because of its exposed reactor core). Had space station been completed, it would have been the ultimate superweapon. There would have been no stopping it.

--------------------

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. You got a problem with that?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
master jo kenobi
post Mar 19 2006, 01:12 AM
Post #22

Rookie Poster
Group Icon

Group: Padawan
Member No.: 1,655

ok are people forgetting the emporer has the entire clone army??? and kamino?confusedbig.gif hello clones on tap??? and he could have had the droid army too if he wanted??? they could have built it alot quicker? but they seem to manage that after first death star was destroyed. ??

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aquarius
post Mar 19 2006, 01:47 AM
Post #23

Regular Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,474

Depends. The clones wwere "bred" to be soldiers, not plumbers, welders, electricians, etc. Same with battle droids, hence the name "battle" droid, and not "builder" droid. For Kamino to be of any help, they'd need to develop a "skilled trades" clone.

--------------------
Han and Leia fans! Visit This Is Some Rescue and Nerfherder's Playground

+Quote Post
Darth Jenny
post Mar 19 2006, 02:26 PM
Post #24

The Slayer Vampire
Group Icon

Group: Jedi
Member No.: 1,431

QUOTE (master jo kenobi @ Mar 18 2006, 09:12 PM)
ok are people forgetting the emporer has the entire clone army??? and kamino?confusedbig.gif hello clones on tap??? and he could have had the droid army too if he wanted??? they could have built it alot quicker? but they seem to manage that after first death star was destroyed. ??

The didn't use clones after the Empire rised, they hired regular men.

I didn't read about the battle of Kamino, but I personally asume that the samples of Jango Fett were destroyed, hence no more clones. (It would be much appreciated if anyone that read the battle of Kamino could verify or deny this)

--------------------
Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face,. tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you ... - Darth Plagueis

+Quote Post
Madison_rogue
post Mar 23 2006, 08:39 AM
Post #25

Standing beside myself to the nth degree
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Master (Mod)
Member No.: 1,159

QUOTE (Darth Jenny)
I didn't read about the battle of Kamino, but I personally asume that the samples of Jango Fett were destroyed, hence no more clones. (It would be much appreciated if anyone that read the battle of Kamino could verify or deny this) 

Well, I haven't read anything on the Battle of Kamino...but there's a tid-bit of information on the "unofficial" Clone Rebellion in "Journal of the 501st" of "Battlefront II. (about 20 years after the Clone Wars)

According to the journal, after the Empire quashed the uprising, Palps decided to draw genetic samples from a myriad of different sources instead of exclusively Jango Fett's. This would lessen the chance of another clone uprising in the future.

Granted, it's from a video game and not necessarily canon.

But it offers a seemingly valid explanation. wink.gif

--------------------

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. You got a problem with that?

+Quote Post
Chief_Spirit_of_...
post Mar 23 2006, 04:50 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 1,752

QUOTE (paul73 @ Feb 7 2006, 02:02 AM)
The way characters talked about the Death Star in ANH, it seemed like it was brand new. Tarkin talked about how he would "demonstrate" the firepower of the battlestation. You'd think with the Empire being so evil and all, they'd had demonstrated it much sooner. Han Solo, who said he'd flown from one side of the galaxy to the other had obviously never heard of the Death Star, because he thought it was a moon when he first saw it.

If the Death Star was brand new in ANH, and they started building it in ROTS, that means it took them nearly 17 years to build it. Much longer than it took them to build the second Death Star! sw-deathstar.gif

Well, the first death star had supply problems of every kind, it had labour difficulties...

It also had to be completed secretely and away from the watchful eyes of the Senate.

The second death star was far easier to build. The Senate had been dissolved completely, The Emperor had total control and they had fewer problems. They also rushed it through and ensured that its firepower capablitites were ready first due to the rebel threat. As ever, The Emperor was totally confident that the base would be well protected...

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 05:58 AM