Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ewoks vs. Wookies
BlueHarvest.net Forum > Star Wars > Original Trilogy
Blue Harvest
Allrighty! To start this new topic I'd like to ask you this question: Who's the more furry? An Ewok or a Wookie? wink.gif
gib
*LOL* alright .. *coughs* we are WAY WAY off track now.*L* *pulls them back onto the subject
Anonymous
Personally, I think Ewoks are furrier. Wookie's fur doesnt look as much like fur as it does really long ugly mangy dirty unbrushed hair. *shivers* Ick.

Anyhow.
gib
*L* Well chewie looked like he had a nice shiny coat..hmmm wonder if Ewoks and Wookies even bath or are they like cats and dogs and lick their fur...*L*
Blue Harvest
Okay, since through some weird fluke a dozen messages dissapeared from this thread, here's the short-short recap:

Leia thought you should measure it by the ammount of hairspray they use.

Gib's theory is to shave a specimen from each species and then wheigh the hair.

Blue (that would be me) protested and threatened to call an alien lifeforms rights group if Gib enforced his theory.

That about right guys? wink.gif
ladida
My post dissapeared? Aaaawww Blue! What did you do???
Blue Harvest
I didn't do anything. Honest!

Weeelll.... that's not exactly true. I might have just fiddled with the database a little, but it shouldn't have done that! It'll never happen again.... I hope. *holds breath*
gib
Actully it was more like this.*L* shesh things I do for you darlin....

Woookies are taller and their hair is longer, so my vote would have to go to them. I read on your site somewhere that it took 2 cans of spray a day (!!) to keep Chewie's hair in place - and that was just the face! I wonder how much spray the Ewoks used. *g*

~Leia's Metal Bikini~

Well I think it would depend ..*L* the ewoks look rounder and most looked like they had
perms.*L* ..i say grab one of each and shave them and weigh the fur...*G*
~Gib~
---------------------------------------------

Alien rights? well that woudl depend on the dominant government in the area I would think. and wasn't Ewok fur the new fall line for Sith Lord Armani. *L*
~Gib~

I wasn't elected to watch my furry friends suffer and die while you use their skin for haute couture! *LOL*
~Blue~

Oh hush Princess I saw those Furry slippers in your closet.*L*
~gib~

*with her best "Luke-just-found-out-who-his-father-is-voice"* Noooooooooooooooooo! I would never!

Okay... so maybe I might. I'm not crazy about Ewoks, what can I say? I'd never do that to
a Wookie though. Honest!
~blue~

*with that confesion he rubs his hands and grins* yes feel the dark side it is strong jedi ..

hehe
~Gib~
Its good to be bad.*L*
~gib~

Oh dear... the "sith lord" status has already gone to your head.

Speaking of Wookies... If you need a pic for your profile Gib, check the attachment. it's
just sooooo you. *roflmao*
http://www.blueharvest.net/bbs/Public/Uplo...t-9-12-wook.jpg
~blue~

Hey was that your date last night.. he is so right for you.mroww.*L*
~Gib~

Oh wonderful! Just because your dates tend to be speicies-ambivalent, don't drag me into
this. *L*
~Blue~
Blue Harvest
Oh... my... gawd!!!! *LOL*
You saved that entire thing? My hero!! wink.gif
gib
*L* only because the dark side is strong was I able to use the back button and retrieve it all.*LOL* ..but I don't think I caught Leia's post in time so you might have to repost sorry Leia.
Blue Harvest
I'm sure she'll survive. Maybe I should start another thread now about Luke's haircut. Hmmm... *L*
gib
Farm boys hair cut...*L* ermmm why not talk about leia's do then I mean really his hairs not as bad compared to have two dinner rolls in your hair.*L*
Blue Harvest
Made that into it's own thread. Explosive discussion potential there I think. Nothing upsets people like hair. wink.gif
wedge
Wouldnt Wookies obviously be harrier, because... they are taller and bigger. They have a huge advantage over the Ewoks because they have a lot more surface area to cover with El Hair. So there's my opinion if anyone cares.

Oh and great site, it has everything a Star Wars fan would ever need.
Blue Harvest
You'd think so, wouldn't you? But here's the thing.... uh... there's no thing. I have to agree with you there. smilesmall.gif
Anonymous
Gib (01 Apr, 2000 23:28):
*LOL* alright .. *coughs* we are WAY WAY off track now.*L* *pulls them back onto the subject
Leia's metal bikini
Ouch! Looks like this guy typed in the wrong box! *LOL*

~Leia's metal bikini~
walking_carpet
Now Blue, you know Wookies have the best fur, the best groomed fur and are one of the galaxies best looking species!! *great big wookie hug* BBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEE!!! Ten sent me this address and I had to drop in and say Hi! Especially when I saw the topic for this group. Who better than I could answer the question?? Wookies, of course. Ewoks are short, fuzzy little creatures more like Tribbles than anything else! Wookies rule!
Blue Harvest
*chin drops to the floor* Caaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrpeeeeeeet!!!!! *tackle hug* Where have you been hiding you big furry oaf? *L* Great to see you! Hope everything's fine with you and the rest of the litter. winksmall.gif Now drag that sister of yours in here too!!!
xtremet
okay...Time for my opinion. smilesmall.gif
I think that they bot really have the same. Because Ewoks have more "fur"...When wookies have more "hair" is ya know what I'm saying. And if you do consider wookies "hair" being "fur"...then...Wookies have more "fur" becasue wookies are much taller. smilesmall.gif

--XtremeT--
coruscant_jedi
I'll have to give both credits, both warriors, both furry, both little cookies.
dill_vader93
= wookies are hairy but the ewok is furry smilehuge.gif
Bigpete2k5
well... if Wookies are based on Dogs (Lucas's own) and Ewoks are based on Bears, then It has to be the Ewoks... Dogs have (as has ben said) hair, whilst bears have fur... though fur could BE hair if it got long enough... this throws up questions... is there a vet in the house?Is there a real difference between hair and fur?confusedbig.gif eyeball.gif
Dark Helmet
Actually, dogs do have fur.

They have two layers of fur:

Ground hair or underfur- which is the bottom layer consisting of wool hairs which tend to be shorter, flattened, curly and denser than the top layer.

and the Guard hair the top layer consisting of longer straight shafts of hair that stick out through the underfur. This is usually the visible layer for most mammals and contains most of the pigmentation.

Wow this is an old thread. So Blue, did you ever accidently delete an entire thread's worth of posts again?
wakey
good thread! i suppose. for me, wookies must take the biscuit because i think they're an awesome race. oppressed by the empire they rose up and stuff. plus they live way up in trees! and bowcasters! amazing. and apparently they make awesome pilots.

ewoks are just cute little things who fly hangliders and battle tank things
Bigpete2k5
QUOTE (Dark Helmet @ Sep 27 2006, 08:25 PM)
Actually, dogs do have fur.

They have two layers of fur:

Ground hair or underfur- which is the bottom layer consisting of wool hairs which tend to be shorter, flattened, curly and denser than the top layer.

and the Guard hair the top layer consisting of longer straight shafts of hair that stick out through the underfur. This is usually the visible layer for most mammals and contains most of the pigmentation.

Wow this is an old thread. So Blue, did you ever accidently delete an entire thread's worth of posts again?

I... did not know that. Always thought it was just hair. you know, you just always hear people call it dog hair, just kinda sticks i suppose.
CHWM
hmm that's a good question . . not sure which is furrier, though I read somewhere that when the Wookiee and Ewok suits got wet, they smelled really bad. So even though they are furry and adorable, I can't imagine they're very fun to be around (perhaps that's why Anthony Daniels doesnt like them?)
Corde
i think wookies... they're scarryer. i don't really like ewoks....
vadermouse
wookies are enemies of the Empire. Make fine slaves though as they obviously can't be allowed to run things by themselves. And need a firm authoritarian hand to er..."guide" them.

Ewoks? Ewoks are for target practice.

tounge.gif
Darth Jenny
just 4 words...

Let the Wookies Win smilebig.gif
Lukes secret brother
I love them both smilehuge.gif

Ewoks are more cuddly...but wookiees would be more useful in a fight, unless of course the fight was against stormtroopers tounge.gif
solo705
Meesa loves Ewokses. Very much, very much. Chewie is cool, of course. But, Ewoks all the way. cool.gif
quinlan voss
I would say that a wookie is more furry than an ewok. They are bigger than ewoks so they have more fur, their fur looks very thick as well, thicker than an ewoks and a wookies fur is longer than an ewoks. WOOKIES RULE !!!

sw-rebel.gif
PrincessLeia*
Gimme an E
Gimme a W
Gimme an O
Gimme a K
Gimme an Ewok!
Callista Min
I have to side with the argument that Wookiees win because they're twice as tall.
And, as has already been said, it's always wise to Let The Wookiee Win. tounge.gif
Jewbacca
You could probably consider me a bit of an "Ewok hater", but this video has got me reconsidering some things...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdd0edT-BeE
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.