Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The old Star wars collection in the basement
BlueHarvest.net Forum > Star Wars > Original Trilogy
paul73
I remembered I have an old Star wars toy collection in the basement, and realized this might make for a good conversation here.

I've got the original Luke Skywalker action figure, dressed in his Tatooine garb, with a missing light-saber, half the paint on his face gone. I also have the original Darth Vader, his light-saber also gone, and his plastic head came off at some point and I glued it back on. I have a few vehicles like the X-wing fighter and (my all-time favorite) the Millenium Falcon. sw-falcon.gif I keep all my figures in a carrying-case that is in the shape of Vader's head. I also have a chewy teddybear that is flat from me sleeping on it when I was a kid.

I had a friend who had just about every Star wars toy there ever was. I imagine he could've played out the entire 3 movies. I was envious that he had the AT-
AT. sw-atat.gif Although, in retrospect, I can see why my parents didn't buy it: it was bigger than me and took up a lot of space.

I wonder, just out of curiosity, how much, if anything, this stuff is worth now?

Anyways, I'm sure if my wife and I have kids someday, our kids will have fun playing with some of it. I sure did. smile.gif
Darth Nuliaj
Hi Paul. Ahhh the memories. I have a similar collection and also recall being wowed by kids who had the ones i didn't have lol. Isn't it odd how certain things stay in your memory. I can remember playing with mine using my parents furniture in our living room as various different sets. We had a large room-divider that had staggered shelving which doubled as either a Star Destroyer's various decks or as the Death Star. Another piece worked well with my Dagobah playset that seemed to me to be ideal as a play area for Dagobah and in my version of The Empire Strikes Back the other bounty hunters that were looking for the Falcon made their way to Dagobah for Yoda & Luke etc to do battle with.

I have a photo somewhere of one year when it snowed & I took my Han in Hoth outfit outside with Chewie & the Wampa to re-enact scenes from Hoth (even though Han & Chewie never actually encountered the Wampa - ha ha I was less than 10 when I saw TESB & my memory was sketchy)

Aaaah happy days.

As for value, well you can use good old Ebay as a guide. There's always hundreds on there, but as a general rule of thumb the played with toys go for a few pence each - maybe a couple of quid. There are a few rare ones taht command higher prices even loose - particularly those from the final wave of figures (Amanaman, Luke Stormtrooper, General Lando, Barada, etc etc). I recall looking up Yak Face from that final wave and nearly fainting at its value MIMB (Mint In Mint Box) and then realising that even loose it was worth 75 shocked.gif

But to me the joy of these things was playing with them. I would need to be really desperate for money to ever sell them.
Tripod
Oooh collectors...

That's nearly the only thing about living in Finland I don't like,
we don't get any Star Wars action figures or toys sad.gif .

Oh well.

I think that you should keep your collection until you can give it
to your kids, if you decide to have any, and if they don't want
them, wait for grandchildren wink.gif

PS. I think they could be worth something atleast but my tip is to
just hang on to them smilehuge.gif . (remember some people doesn't even get them
other than by importing)
greenangel
Im so jealous....if only my mom had kept all the SW toys me and my brothers had...I could retire... angry.gif

I would hang on to the toys...longer you keep then...the more they will be worth... smile.gif
Rebel_A96
I remember going over to my Aunt and Uncle's house, I guess it was Christmas as we always went there that day. Anyway my one cousin was so impressed as how the Falcon (the toy my brother had) had buttons for the lasers and how the Tie-Fighters wings would come off with a push of the button and could be reapplied so easily. He was telling us when he was younger and they had the Tie-Fighters that he would throw them against the wall when the good guys would shoot them down. Then he would ask his father to get some more, lol.

He gave us an old Bossk toy. It really looked different from the new toys my brother collected. We still have it too. Even though we didn't really collect the toys, my brother and I have a lot and we would play with them on our beds and like you guys, on our furniture too. It was fun. And sometimes....we still play with them. smilesmall.gif
jedimaster999
unfortunly when i was 15 my mom gave all my star wars toys to my oldest nephew
Sarah-Leia
I've got about 20 figurines. Not much, huh? They don't really bring many memories since I haven't had them since '77 (as I wasn't alive then).
greenangel
My mom...a very smart lady...when the prequels came out she bought tons of SW toys and stored them away to sell sometime in the far future...but she wont let me touch them....what I would give to open everything.... smile.gif
PrincessLeia*
This stuff I think it worths quite a while.. smilehuge.gif
Anyway, my dad, when I was 5, used to play me all Star Wars, because we have the action figures of Han, Luke, Leia, Darth Vader and Yoda, plus two spaceships... I loved it. I always tried to not remember the end, and I tried to get surprised when they all survive...Also if it worths quite a while, I would never sell it.
Aquarius
I still have just about all of my stuff from when I was a kid--trading cards, action figures, newspaper clippings, etc.

I think one of the most unusual items I own is a facial tissue box. When ESB came out, Puffs did a series of four ESB designer boxes, and I have the one with Luke and Yoda. smilehuge.gif
bassman
I was looking through some DVD's a while ago and discovered my original trilogy (3 separate disks). I think they were a buy 3 DVD's for a special price offer. No doubt they would be cheaper now as the price of a DVD seems to be down... at least a while after their release.

They were still sealed!! I did find the time to watch the first movie, but have yet to get around to the next two!
Master
I don't have any old collection since I'm not that old to have any tounge.gif all I have are Star Wars Blu-Rays, DVDs, CDs, games for PS2 and PS3, books etc. But one thing I have is pretty vintage. I'm talking about Star Wars Portfolio, released in December 1, 1977. And in good condition too. I don't have many things I'm proud of, but this thing is pretty neat, especially for where I live. It is hard to get old things like that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.